+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 82 of 91 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Sacked

Stroud Times: "Steve Cotterill set to become new Forest Green manager"

1/4 favourite latest odds.

Not sure why but there is something funny about the idea of a Manager like Cotterill being at a club run on a vegetarian/ethical owner. Does not strike me as a Tofu and Quinoa type of guy.

He hails from that neck of the woods though, so the job probably has some attraction for him. He deserves better though.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Some people forget to engage the brain before speaking.
    ...and typing.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Michael Appleton has gone at Charlton !!
    Amazing how this guy keeps getting jobs when he has achieved absolutely nothing

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    Well that’s not completely true if you look at the entirety of his managerial career, which includes a promotion from L2 to L1 with Oxford. But I accept the point that he is one of those managers who gets touted around for a host of jobs but doesn’t have an exceptionally great track record

I thought FGR were after a guy called Brown an ex Celtic legend I believe..has just been sacked from a Scottish club..?

Scott Brown?He got sacked from Fleetwood & been linked to a club up there, Ayr I think

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    Michael Appleton has had that "highly rated coach" label for years, and like you I've never understood why. He's got no charisma, no playing style of note, and his record is average at best. I wouldn't want him at our club certainly. Maybe he's got the same agent as Mark Fotheringham!

Appleton was a very good coach and someone I thought Notts should have gone for (and believe did) after Kewell but he turned us down as Hardy was apparently an issue... To me, he has a great character sense!

He struggled recently after overcoming cancer, I suppose when faced with that challenge, it takes the edge off you a bit

Page 82 of 91 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast