+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 56 of 91 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Sacked

Quote Originally Posted by thefulltenyards View Post
    There was a lot of speculation and many if type comments as a result and most of the worry and concern was because of shifting betting odds.

Would be very interesting if after all the speculation and comments by an Oxford fan and a football journalist, Williams states that he had absolutely no contact let alone an interview. If then Oxford stated and confirmed after their appointment that they had in fact interviewed the successful candidate and Williams.

This isn't a case like Clinton having to testify under oath but it would still make Williams look as bad as the former POTUS when he openly lied to the media. Seems brave to categorically state the above knowing you are lying and you could be exposed.

We do not know either way but I bet Ruben knows.
    Laddo, you honestly think LW would have come out and said if he had an interview? How do you think the situation at Notts and the supporters would have panned out if he did say he had an interview? A bit naive even for you Laddo!

It’s a bit like someone re-registering on here after being banned and when questioned if you were a previous identity confirming it, you would be mad to do it!
    Last edited by keldsyke; 05-12-2023 at 07:04 PM.

4th favourite on odds checker at 6-1, lets face it if we remain top 4 or 5 for most of the season playing decent football this is going to be the case all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    It’s a bit like someone re-registering on here after being banned...
    Surely only the most hard faced, brazen and conceited narcissist would show that lack of respect for the forum/moderator!

I think you are right matt_magpie. Whilst Williams & Notts continue to impress vacancies at higher levels will always generate speculation and potential interest.

Hazard of the (successful) job I suppose. Still far better than having a head coach that nobody else wants including some of your own fans. Been there, done that too many times.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    4th favourite on odds checker at 6-1, lets face it if we remain top 4 or 5 for most of the season playing decent football this is going to be the case all the time.
    I wouldn't take any notice of the odds, bookies are in the game of making money. He was favourite for the Oxford job at one point and never even got contacted or showed any interest in the job.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    I wouldn't take any notice of the odds, bookies are in the game of making money. He was favourite for the Oxford job at one point and never even got contacted or showed any interest in the job.
    I don’t take much interest in the odds just saying he’s always going to be touted if he’s doing well.
    I was worried with the Oxford one as it seemed a very good opportunity regardless of the size of club.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    Surely only the most hard faced, brazen and conceited narcissist would show that lack of respect for the forum/moderator!
    Hard faced
    Brazen
    Conceited
    Narcissist
    Lack of respect

All boxes are ticked there.

I think you are right matt_magpie. Whilst Williams & Notts continue to impress vacancies at higher levels will always generate speculation and potential interest.

Hazard of the (successful) job I suppose. Still far better than having a head coach that nobody else wants including some of your own fans. Been there, done that too many times.

Are you the ex poster called Laddo who was banned from this site ? I'm not sure if you have been asked directly about this before so so now is your chance to confirm or deny this accusation. if I was a betting man I would expect the question to go unanswered and ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    Just seen this on the BBC page and it's absolutely ridiculous... Sunderland fans are doing their nut about it too.... did a fantastic job with what is to be believed a tiny budget for the championship...few dodgy results and shown the door...he will find another job very fast, just looking at the comments and fans of his old clubs and all agreed he is a cracking manager and done well at all the clubs he managed but hey...loyalty in football isn't a big thing...Duff at Swansea is another curious one given he only lasted 6 months
    Mowbray’s departure defies belief IMHO. Especially when you look at those touted to replace him as, apart from Heckingbottom, I don’t see any that improve on the man that has just been sacked!

Unfortunately, Irish, it doesn’t always follow in the mad world of football that doing a good job at a club before harshly getting the boot means there’s another club ready to appoint you as their new boss. Gary Bowyer took Dundee back to the Scottish premiership last season, won Scottish Championship manager of the year before then being unceremoniously dumped by the club over the Summer. As far as I am aware he remains unemployed.

So you think Luke Williams was lying when he said the reported interview(s) were untrue? That's a rather big headline grabbing statement!

I believe he has more integrity than that. People certainly did not need any evidence other than what an Oxford fan wrote on the internet when they believed he had.

No approach, no interview. Innocent until proven guilty still applies doesn't it?
    That's not what I said, though was it? Read it more closely and don't put your spin on it and you will find I said he could be telling the truth (I think that is the opposite of calling him a liar) and yet an approach had been made. I think he said nobody had approached or spoken to *him*. The two are not mutually exclusive.. you mentioned the interview, not me.

Also, what is he to say? ' Yeah, they spoke to me. I was really interested and went for an interview, but it didn't come off / I was offered it and turned it down'. Can you imagine how that would play out?
    Last edited by Kent Magpie; 06-12-2023 at 10:37 AM.

Page 56 of 91 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast