+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 57 of 91 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Sacked

My sincere apologies Kent Magpie, my comments were in response to another poster's earlier remarks not yours. Which strongly implied our head coach was lying when he publicly stated he had no contact let along an interview or interviews as suggested by a journalist and a fan of Oxford United. That's what they all say.

I agree with you he could be telling the truth. Any approach to an agent surely has to be passed onto to the agent's client so he would be aware.

Ultimately I do not believe anybody on here knows for sure. All we have is Luke William's words in that press conference on the subject, and the words of the football journalist and the Oxford United fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Magpie View Post
    That's not what I said, though was it? Read it more closely and don't put your spin on it and you will find I said he could be telling the truth (I think that is the opposite of calling him a liar) and yet an approach had been made. The two are not mutually exclusive.. you mentioned the interview, not me.
    Where did it say that an approach had been made?? All I saw were people not connected to the club saying he'd been interviewed twice probably based on what Ruben said and bookies jumping on it.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Where did it say that an approach had been made?? All I saw were people not connected to the club saying he'd been interviewed twice probably based on what Ruben said and bookies jumping on it.
    He was asked if Oxford had approached him in a pre-match interview and he said nobody had spoken to him, or words to that effect. I don't think anybody has officially said he was approached. My point is simply, he could have been indirectly and wouldn't have been lying in the interview.. nothing more, nothing less. We will never know what happened or what was said, and at the end of the day, it doesn't matter. He didn't go, it played out diplomatically and he is still here. Everything else is irrelevant hearsay and conjecture.

Quote Originally Posted by thefulltenyards View Post
    My sincere apologies Kent Magpie, my comments were in response to another poster's earlier remarks not yours. Which strongly implied our head coach was lying when he publicly stated he had no contact let along an interview or interviews as suggested by a journalist and a fan of Oxford United. That's what they all say.

I agree with you he could be telling the truth. Any approach to an agent surely has to be passed onto to the agent's client so he would be aware.

Ultimately I do not believe anybody on here knows for sure. All we have is Luke William's words in that press conference on the subject, and the words of the football journalist and the Oxford United fan.
    No worries - I must be a bit grumpy this morning.

I never said he was lying Laddo, (thats your take on it as per usual) I asked, How do you know that he hadn't had any contact with them.

Every comment made on here, by all, is open to interpretation. However saying That's what they all say doesn't leave much doubt on what you are implying. Casting doubt on our head coach's statement.

Your last comments sum up my position perfectly. I do not know whether he had any contact with them. I presume you don't also? Nor does anyone on here. All we have is what the man himself stated in a press conference which fully covered the Oxford United rumours, and what an Oxford United fan and a football journalist wrote on the internet.

So based on that we have the simple choice of believing what Luke Williams said in public or not believing what Luke Williams said in public. I chose the former.

Thankfully we know how the Oxford United vacancy rumours played out. Bookies shifting odds and comments on another team's forum by their fans should never be taken too seriously. That is schoolboy error as bad as Baldwin's last Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I asked, How do you know that he hadn't had any contact with them.
    He doesn't, that's why he posted;

Originally Posted by thefulltenyards

Correct but Luke Williams should know, shouldn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Are you the ex poster called Laddo who was banned from this site ? I'm not sure if you have been asked directly about this before so so now is your chance to confirm or deny this accusation. if I was a betting man I would expect the question to go unanswered and ignored.
    Looks like I got it spot on ! The question goes unanswered and ignored. However I will give it another go incase he (the honourable gentleman) missed it.
    The full ten yards , Are you the Ex poster called Laddo who was banned from this site?
    A simple yes or no will suffice. Thanks in advance xx

My sincere apologies Kent Magpie, my comments were in response to another poster's earlier remarks not yours.
    Daniel, you could avoid any confusion by quoting the post that you're replying to. Unless you're going to keep up the pretence that you're new to the site.

Page 57 of 91 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast