+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: England v Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    pup, top post.

Your point on...'However, the ideal to move from here to consolidate that into genuine chance of winning is to move the ball much quicker through the middle into attacking positions on a more consistent basis'....that for me is an easy fix. Leave out Henderson/Philips and play Grealish from the off with a free run. His introduction is always a breath of fresh air and he carries our game forward. I fail to see why he never starts??
    Hmmm - interesting idea Brin but Grealish in the centre area? He's great at getting the ball and moving it quickly forward and causing panic for the opposition, but can he exist in harmony with Bellingham? I would have thought that if you play him off the wing it would be as a No 10? But can't see anyone taking that from Bellingham for a decade or so (fingers crossed). Might be a danger of crowbarring as per Gerrard and Lampard? Another I'd like to see in that role is Maddison, who is fantastic as No 10 for Spurs. But can't see him in the Phillips role either.

Nice quandries to have!

Grealish he's a one trick pony plays on left right footed. Saka Eze before him or Foden. Need a proper left back Trippier no. Said before Maguire Henderson Phillips surplus. Unleash Alexander-Arnold we've got Rice holding midfield player Bellingham will help out there as well. If we're going to win anything need to utilise our quality players. I'd get shut of Southgate now cause he won't do that get Graham Potter in. Rashford Kane great strike force like to see Bowen next 1st change after them.
    Last edited by gru; 18-10-2023 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Grealish he's a one trick pony plays on left right footed. Saka Eze before him or Foden. Need a proper left back Trippier no. Said before Maguire Henderson Phillips surplus. Unleash Alexander-Arnold we've got Rice holding midfield player Bellingham will help out there as well. If we're going to win anything need to utilise our quality players. I'd get shut of Southgate now cause he won't do that get Graham Potter in. Rashford Kane great strike force like to see Bowen next 1st change after them.
    gru, you're tripping over your own posts. You previously said ' Foden lightweight' now you're saying play him before Grealish. Make your mind up man

Right or wrong Maguire doesn’t help himself speaking out, Southgate should also take some blame for some attitude from fans imo

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67142612

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    gru, you're tripping over your own posts. You previously said ' Foden lightweight' now you're saying play him before Grealish. Make your mind up man

Neither would ever start for England for me both same play wide cutting inside all the time. Rashford does but he's got an end product.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Poor old gru, you can almost feel his pain each time England score a goal!
    Not as bad as crash. His pain is that bad after Saturday he's been fast tracked up the NHS waiting list

I'll take one-trick pony Grealish on the Millers' wing. Honestly, if England had lost ,this thread would be twice as long.
    Did Argentina win the world cup because all the other teams were poor?

Quote Originally Posted by Jocksgloves1 View Post
    I'll take one-trick pony Grealish on the Millers' wing. Honestly, if England had lost ,this thread would be twice as long.
    Did Argentina win the world cup because all the other teams were poor?
    Grealish has had a poor season so far, he's looking like the season before last. If he doesn't improve I see him being sold like Sterling.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12