+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tonali

Tonali

So it does look like an impending 12 month ban..

So.. at what point did AC Milan know of his betting? Surely if it comes out they were aware before the Newcastle sale there will be grounds for compensation?

I'm not too bothered about the financial side of things as there will be compensation that covers players/clubs for this sort of thing.. but what I am bothered about is it leaving us short in midfield.. do we stick by him or do we cash in as soon as we can?

surely we don't pay his wages for 12 months?

Betting on his own games, even as a gambler you know that that's asking for trouble.

there will be all sorts of crap flying about for the next week or so. Its already gone from betting on cards to betting on his own teams games.
    A 3 year ban to a 1 year ban blah blah blah.

I mentioned on the other thread about Milan knowing something and thats why they let him go so easily and for such a price.

It will be interesting to see what comes out of this investigation and how the club handle it.

How will the player be treated by the fans if HE was aware at the time of the transfer that Milan and his agent knew and that it would be out in the public domain soon enough.

Its all speculation like until the club or Italian F.A. make a statement

the other MASSIVE thing to consider is, Sandro Tonali has admitted to having a gambling addiction, so if thats the case, you can pretty much say for certainty that his addiction didnt stop once he changed clubs and Joined Newcastle.

Therefore i expect another investigation from the English F.A. to see what betting rules he has broken since being under their jurisdiction

This is the first real spanner in the works since the takeover - a big shame for our midfield.
    It’s frustrating and disappointing but we have to remember that he’s only 23 years old and so, while old enough not to make such a stupid mistake, he’ll be only 24 when he comes back to play for us. I wouldn’t sell but there are considerations re compensation, wages, taking up a squad number over the next 12 months, etc.

Hmmm. This smells like we may have been stitched up by Milan. I'll wait for more info before condemning the kid. Yes, might leave us short if true.

We luckily have Willock coming back and Anderson has proven he can step up.

I'm not convinced Milan knew to be honest, if he is as addicted as being indicated then addicts can hide everything and make it all look normal and happy.

So far you have 3 young men, only linked by their international team - with apperently another 10 in sights.

Either way, hopefully we'll support him, he'll get the help he needs and he'll come back as soon as possible.

This says it all for me, bang on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CgvFT_VznE&t=317s

The frustrating thing is that, out of our summer buys, he's the only one who's starting so, essentially, we're worse off than before given that everybody around us improved their first team.

Aa for Tonali himself, like I've said, we should support him and help him confront and overcome his demons...

...but, he can't escape without censure if he did actually do the things he's been accused of. He's a grown man who is responsible for his actions and he's not been honest with us. We've spent a shedload of money on him and put our faith in him and he's let us down (if he's guilty), I'm afraid there's no getting away from that.

I hear what you're saying, Jammy, but I'd be very surprised if Milan didn't have at least some inkling of what was going on.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)