+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kalvin Phillips

Kalvin Phillips

We might go in for him as a replacement for Tonali, according to reports.

From a Ferrari to a Fiesta

Quote Originally Posted by Tutfoster1892 View Post
    Nah, Philips might not be able to ply to Pep’s tune but doesn’t make him a bad player, and he has hardly had a chance to even show what he can do.

Could see him as a regular under Eddie, works hard for sure.

Personally think Bruno and Tonali needed to get their responsibilities sorted on the pitch, and most of the time we saw a replay of England with Gerrard and Lampard… 2 great players but very similar and no understanding because they only get together once in a while.

If we ended up with a midfield where can play 3 of Philips or Longstaff / Bruno or Tonali / Joelinton or Willock… or any other combination, and or Anderson/Miley… we’d be laughing in midfield for sometime to come.

Big Joe and Bruno with Phillips behind them. Not a bad lineup to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Tutfoster1892 View Post
    Do a victory lap for that one Fozza!

You've won comment of the week with that beauty! hahahahaha

Literally laughed out loud dude. Thank you

Personally I rate Longstaff, Willock and Joelinton over Phillips but rate Tonali higher than 2 of those..

If we are going to sign a replacement for Tonali I'd like to think we can bring in someone who will push the others back a place like the Tonali signing..

For me Willock once he is back will be key for us I reckon, we don't need to replace Tonali.. other areas are needed before central midfield

Phillips is a no from me like. I like the player but i like our current players more.
    Bruno, Longstaff, Tonali, Joelinton can all swap roles and play in the 6,8 and 10 roles, thats how fluid Eddie likes it.

Willock is also coming back and we have missed his running and he complements Joelinton very well.

To be stuck with a player like Phillips who is a rigid DM , would take away our versatility and fluidity from our engine.

Dont listen to me, im not a football manager, just giving my two penneth

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    Phillips is a no from me like. I like the player but i like our current players more.
    Bruno, Longstaff, Tonali, Joelinton can all swap roles and play in the 6,8 and 10 roles, thats how fluid Eddie likes it.

Willock is also coming back and we have missed his running and he complements Joelinton very well.

To be stuck with a player like Phillips who is a rigid DM , would take away our versatility and fluidity from our engine.

Dont listen to me, im not a football manager, just giving my two penneth
    I agree with your analysis.

He seems too one dimensional for the modern game. I think where we want to go we need midfielders who can do nearly it all. Any time I watch him he just plods along getting yellows, going side to side and backwards. We need a player who can do that, create a chance and maybe chip in a goal or two.

Never rated him. He'd cost more than he is worth. Massive no from me.

I wouldn't be unhappy if we got him but I would worry it would impact Anderson, who I want to see become the player we know he is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)