+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Is freezing Council tax fair to

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Yousef will have to be ‘shamed’ into stopping this daft “public health response” to the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971.
    No he won't. It is possibly the only sensible option.

Being addicted to something is a health problem, and by treating it as such it allows addicts access to health care, counselling, and a whole range of services without fear of arrest.

If the government could bring itself to funding treatments other than methadone it might even bring the drug problem in Scotland under control.

I think tho, that the government is too scared to adopt any policy that older voters can be told is 'daft' for fear of losing votes. Older voters are often scared by things they read in the papers they buy.
    Even when it is obvious they are being lied to

Quote Originally Posted by grantzer View Post

Being addicted to something is a health problem, and by treating it as such it allows addicts access to health care, counselling, and a whole range of services without fear of arrest.

If the government could bring itself to funding treatments other than methadone it might even bring the drug problem in Scotland under control.

I think tho, that the government is too scared to adopt any policy that older voters can be told is 'daft' for fear of losing votes. Older voters are often scared by things they read in the papers they buy.
    I think you might be right. However, do the countries that have an enlightened approach such as you have suggested, still have a drug supply problem caused by criminal activity?

The 1971 misuse of drugs act controls possession, supply & production , rip that up and we're f*cked. You don't have to be auld to realise making drugs free and readily available in Scotland is a tad silly. Hopefully Westminster will never allow it.

The sensible option was not to cut drug funding…but then it’s the SNP we’re talking about here.

They can do no wrong in the cults(sp) eyes.

Or hire more Bobbies and get some doors kicked in, at least make an effort to show you're trying to uphold the law.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I think you might be right. However, do the countries that have an enlightened approach such as you have suggested, still have a drug supply problem caused by criminal activity?
    Yes, everywhere has a drug problem. Not everyone has the level of drug related deaths tho.

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    The sensible option was not to cut drug funding…but then it’s the SNP we’re talking about here.

They can do no wrong in the cults(sp) eyes.
    Studies in Holland where people were treated as a health problem showed that not only were more people treated successfully, but the country saved money.

Drug addicts were rehabilitated and went back into work, associated crime like shoplifting went down, which allowed the police to focus on other matters.

Whether or not these benefits continued long time I can't say, once the trial stopped I had the info I needed, so I am not even sure if the trial became the policy for holland.

In my opinion, which to be fair means nothing really, any policy which cuts down on deaths and saves money has to be good, no matter who decides to try it.

Studies in Holland where people were treated as a health problem showed that not only were more people treated successfully, but the country saved money.

Drug addicts were rehabilitated and went back into work, associated crime like shoplifting went down, which allowed the police to focus on other matters.

Whether or not these benefits continued long time I can't say, once the trial stopped I had the info I needed, so I am not even sure if the trial became the policy for holland.

In my opinion, which to be fair means nothing really, any policy which cuts down on deaths and saves money has to be good, no matter who decides to try it.
    Who the F%ck told you that ****e? You seen Hollands drug problems? They've had so called harm reduction programmes since the 70's and are by far the highest drug users in Europe. Here's wee read for you as to why.

https://www.addictioncenter.com/news...s-narco-state/

Remember drugs are still illegal in Holland, the SNP want to legalise them not just treat the jakebombs.

Quote Originally Posted by The AuldYin View Post
    Who the F%ck told you that ****e? You seen Hollands drug problems? They've had so called harm reduction programmes since the 70's and are by far the highest drug users in Europe. Here's wee read for you as to why.

Remember drugs are still illegal in Holland, the SNP want to legalise them not just treat the jakebombs.
    Not sure they actually want to legalise drugs per se. Providing improved facilities, healthcare and help that 'jakebombs' need isn't legalising jack ****.

Really can't see a day when the wife says she's just nipping to ASDA for a pack of cocaine or a hit of heroin in all honesty

Quote Originally Posted by The AuldYin View Post

Nobody told me that. I saw it first hand. I am well aware of the drug problems in holland, i am also aware of the drug problems all over europe. Which european country has the highest drug related deaths?

Any policy which might reduce that number of deaths is surely good?

Remember that drugs are still illegal in Scotland and nowhere has the snp said they want to legalise them.

What they want to do is make it safer for addicts and reduce drug related deaths.

What part of that do you think is wrong?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)