+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Partick Thistle (A)

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar_Army View Post
    Great result. Still early days but opening up a gap and giving our rivals less room for error is what we need to be doing if we want out of this league.

Well done United.
    Correct... And they all need to play each other plenty times more, which obviously benefits us. They can't all, win them all.

Chasing a team is a lot harder than the team being chased. I know there is always pressure on the team at the top, but... I know which one I prefer.

The EBC on the ball with their Scottish football coverage as usual.Under the picture of Sibbald it says he is celebrating the game's only goal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67073709

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I'm putting some of this down to the extra practice the boys are getting in the 20K Trophy.
    Yeah, I’m really delighted Gallacher was fit as we obviously would have struggled.

We have a manager who has managed to build and coach a football team into a pretty good team. Everyone doing their jobs offensively and defensively. It's nice to see. 5-0 flattered us but a well deserved victory all the same. All our hard work made it look easy.

The EBC on the ball with their Scottish football coverage as usual.Under the picture of Sibbald it says he is celebrating the game's only goal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67073709
    Yip.........tried uploading that earlier GB didn't work. Glad you did though, farcical.

I'm assuming the guy/girl (ahem) reporting was doing it on their phone, and "opening" ended up "only" tut tut...

That's the only thing I can think of that would allow such an obvious error to be posted on their own website

PS: naebody proof read anymair????

I'm still thinking its Raith who will make it a 2 horse race mate.

If we show no complacency through quarter two, then there won't be a race for first

First quarter 21 pts, 6 wins 3 draws

In 2019/20 we had 18 pts, 6 wins 3 defeats first quarter but it was second quarter that won the league, 9 wins from 9

Don't think we will manage that but another tally like the first quarters above will see us clear imo

So far though, credit to Goodwin, has signed well and got us where in a position we'd all have taken during the early via play games

Also matched our biggest win at Firhill, previously had a 5-0 there in 1974 old first division, this is the biggest win since the 4-0 in early 90s, the one with the phantom goal from the worst refereeing decision ever, which of course should have been 5-0!

Arguably first quarter should be our toughest in terms of bedding in a new team, I expected us to be going to the last minute of the transfer window trying to get players in, and there would be some ugly results early on, I'd have settled for just being in contention at the top at the stage, target for second quarter has to be to try and kick on and try pull away. Maybe that last game against Thistle in cup was key in terms of highlighting need to get another centre half in. Even this early i'm sruggling to see anyone below Raith challenging. Although we've not always been great this season, there hasn't been one game I've not come away and thought we should have won - Morton was frustrating cluster fek, and Raith Middleton has a chance point blank that goes in 9/10. Need to back today up by beating Arbroath Friday.

thats a pumping!!!!

marvellous

Like I said on page 1 of this thread, I don't think any of our opposition have been up to much and I still don't after witnessing our fine display today. Its ours to lose and I'm very confident that if we keep up this attitude that we'll be champions in the end.

It's been an affy long time since I've said this but we look miles better than any other team we've played this season.....and long may it continue 😎

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)