+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Partick Thistle (A)

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    The potential to make a big statement over a week.

It's a big ask for all 9 points. I doubt our starting 11 will make it through unscathed. But it's also now a big ask for the opposition to try and overcome us.

I'm impressed with our much needed restructure. We have got a team and a squad that is working together. I think JG is the guy we have to thank for that.
    Many criticised his appointment, both short term last season, and post-relegation. I definitely liked how he spoke (straight talking and honest), and believed he was the man for the job, regardless, and was glad with his permanent appointment. A no-nonsense player, who did well at Alloa, started well at Aberdeen, but just didn’t get the breaks. Even in his short spell last season, we saw a drastic improvement in fitness levels, something that is again obviously clear this season, and will be a major factor in our league campaign. He has signed very well, and for me the togetherness of the team speaks volumes, and coupled with the great respect and relationship with the fans, is simply a win-win situation. Need to keep the foot on the pedal, go out to win every game every week ASAP, and get this job done ASAP. Nothing to be scared of in this league, it’s ours to lose, simples!!!

I like many thought the appointment was almost surreal given the footage of his exit from the ssb's, now its still a long way to go but he's signed well and got us on track, he speaks well and I'm happy for him, and if we do go onto get promotion I'll be equally as happy for him as us, this was a risk for him to dive back into a club with expectation that was in a bad way, if it went wrong then he'd have not got any decent job after for awhile

Now I'm hoping he could be the long term manager we've been looking for, and needed, by long term I mean 3+ years or so by recent standards that would be long term, we need stability like Levein brought and to be on the same page as a fan base behind a manager

Still three games to come in a week, away to Airdrie midweek too will be tough, need to keep at it with the same attitude and desire but also confidence

Quote Originally Posted by geofoxposse View Post
    Between planting Dragon fruit, working the field in general then the odious task of going to the wine festival!! (as a non drinker) i had to rely on the ytube highlights this morning.

Goals were generally of poor defending rather than being well crafted, but nonetheless were well taken.

Had to laugh at the poor fan who got held by at least 6 stupids (sorry stewards) when the second went in, he was still being held in a maximum security grouping when the third went in.
    I noticed that

Hope the poor lad he was with was ok and all resolved sensibly in the end

As far as the substitutions are concerned, I see Gallacher, Moult and Docherty were all withdrawn before the end of the game but after we were 3-0 up. As far as we know, was it a case of the game's won so we can let the guys with slight fitness concerns take an early bath?

Quote Originally Posted by PT_Arab View Post
    As far as the substitutions are concerned, I see Gallacher, Moult and Docherty were all withdrawn before the end of the game but after we were 3-0 up. As far as we know, was it a case of the game's won so we can let the guys with slight fitness concerns take an early bath?
    I'd say so, none of them looked injured. Moult looked a bit fed up going off though.

Team winning easily, scoring easily from other positions. I can see why the main striker in the team is a bit pissed off. His knock back header was great for the goal. Maybe thought he wasn't getting enough direct service, fair dooz, but.... we all know what happened when we tried that with Fletcher.

The fact that he is causing problems in the box,worrying defenders and leaving other areas open to exploit is a good thing. But, strikers are strikers..they REALLY want to score. Wonder how many folk saw that score and were looking for his name on the scorers list

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    Team winning easily, scoring easily from other positions. I can see why the main striker in the team is a bit pissed off. His knock back header was great for the goal. Maybe thought he wasn't getting enough direct service, fair dooz, but.... we all know what happened when we tried that with Fletcher.

The fact that he is causing problems in the box,worrying defenders and leaving other areas open to exploit is a good thing. But, strikers are strikers..they REALLY want to score. Wonder how many folk saw that score and were looking for his name on the scorers list
    Well I definitely was. Yeah I'm sure it was exactly that, and tbh that's how we want him to be, pissed off not to score rather than not giving a f*ck.

With good coaches sometimes it just doesn't work out at a new club. Or it doesn't work out straight away which is usually down to the players the new coach inherits and that can lead to friction and result in an early P45
    Good example is Unai Emery, a superb coach with a great CV who couldn't find the answer at Arsenal yet has Villa firing hot pretty quickly.
    I get the impression Jim Goodwin is growing and learning as a coach, and with a core of his own players this season is showing what he's about. I kinda think Aberdeen was the wrong club, wrong time, wrong mix and a lack of chemistry all round.

Maybe the Sheep did us a favour
    🐏🐏🐏🐏🐏🐏🐏

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    I'd say so, none of them looked injured. Moult looked a bit fed up going off though.
    He did look a bit frustrated. Was the right call though. Game was won. He had looked off the pace in the first half. More effective in second half, but good to gently get him back to match sharpness after injury. Was also on a booking (for nothing) and no need to take a risk.

Really like that he was frustrated not to score. Also liked Middleton trying to steal the pen from Holt......good luck with that! He had the grace to laugh about it as he walked away!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)