+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: VAR, Again.

VAR, Again.

Chelsea penalty after they played on for 5mins. Thought they couldn’t go back that’s what they said about the Liverpool goal that was not given.

I think they learned a valuable lesson after the Liverpool debacle. The only thing that was interesting, obviously the decision had been made by VAR to instruct the Ref to visit a pitch side monitor but, this couldn't be done until the ball had gone out of play.

So, the big question is, if it had taken say 10 minutes before going out of play, would they have still stopped the game to check then?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    I think they learned a valuable lesson after the Liverpool debacle. The only thing that was interesting, obviously the decision had been made by VAR to instruct the Ref to visit a pitch side monitor but, this couldn't be done until the ball had gone out of play.

So, the big question is, if it had taken say 10 minutes before going out of play, would they have still stopped the game to check then?
    And if the stop in play was an @r$€n@l goal ?

Quote Originally Posted by BramleyMiller58 View Post
    And if the stop in play was an @r$€n@l goal ?
    Brammers, I should imagine because the ball was still in play and then A.rsenal scored then that goal would stand and the penalty would still be awarded to Chelsea. That's what I would do as a Ref. It would be very unfair to not allow the A.rsenal goal to stand.

I'm currently watching the match and Chelsea are well on top in this one.

Chelsea players surrounding the Ref at every opportunity.......this is what wants stopping.

What a game this has turned out to be.....Chelsea coasting it at 2-0 and rice scores a great opportunist goal that took some doing then A.rsenal make it 2-2 0n 85 minutes. Cracking ending to a game.

Leeds were similar at Norwich today. 2-0 down on 60 minutes they make two subs and bang, bang BANG! win 2-3. A great comeback.