+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Aberdeen v PAOK

Saw in today's P@J that Richard Gordon was critising both the players and the manager for our travails in Europe this season. We played well at least in parts in all the games and only have one point. Robson says he had to sub all 3 players for various reasons. Richard Gordon said Barron looked fine when he was hooked. In any event with our excellent training facility at Cormack Park how are the likes of Polvara need to be subbed on 70 minutes due to cramp? And I saw no sign of any problem with Miovskvi although I could be wrong there. Robson was being too clever by half with his subs and it came back to bite him on the bum. If he had to sub 3 players with 17 minutes to go there is something far wrong with our fitness levels which will need to be sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by donsviking View Post
    Saw in today's P@J that Richard Gordon was critising both the players and the manager for our travails in Europe this season. We played well at least in parts in all the games and only have one point. Robson says he had to sub all 3 players for various reasons. Richard Gordon said Barron looked fine when he was hooked. In any event with our excellent training facility at Cormack Park how are the likes of Polvara need to be subbed on 70 minutes due to cramp? And I saw no sign of any problem with Miovskvi although I could be wrong there. Robson was being too clever by half with his subs and it came back to bite him on the bum. If he had to sub 3 players with 17 minutes to go there is something far wrong with our fitness levels which will need to be sorted out.
    As much as I agree with Richard Gordon he now works as an announcer for Cove Rangers so he can’t be that bothered about the Dons anymore.

I sense a bit of bitterness towards the club from him for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    As much as I agree with Richard Gordon he now works as an announcer for Cove Rangers so he can’t be that bothered about the Dons anymore.

I sense a bit of bitterness towards the club from him for some reason.
    I've felt similarly.
    I wonder if there were talks with the club about a similar, PR/media role with the Dons that fell through?

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I've felt similarly.
    I wonder if there were talks with the club about a similar, PR/media role with the Dons that fell through?
    Maybe he thought he would get the red tv presenter job that Rob McLean does?

Quote Originally Posted by donsviking View Post
    I read elsewhere a very good point that if we had to put on 3 subs then space them out as individual substitutions and wind down the clock a bit (ok time waste !)
    We may not have taken Barron off if we lost a goal when the others subs had been made and that could have changed the outcome
    I really thought we would hold on but the subs scuppered that . I seem to remember the same happening previously when we were in control of games and lost goals within seconds of multiple subs coming on

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456