+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gary O'Neil

Once again we have been screwed by VAR and inept refereeing. I am not certain that either of their penalties were actual penalties. It's too easy to go down and con the referee and those operating VAR.

Why no red card for our penalty, the offending player had already been shown a yellow?

Our Captain showed great sportsmanship and maturity to stay on his feet when he was given a Liverpool handshake. Many would have gone down holding their face and giving the referee no choice but to brandish a red card.

The game is being spoilt by poor referees , VAR and cheating players. These things would not happen on a Rugby field!

I also thought our manager spoke with great restraint , especially when he must have been seething inside.

Seems to be something really good happening here.

Playing on the front foot, pressing, players finding space, one goal away from last seasons tally already.

The players look happy, the fun and togetherness seems to be back for the first time since promotion first season.

Great performance and it's nice to start looking up the table instead of down.

Lovely gesture for Mario Lemina and his father, on the pitch and the photo taken in the changing room after. Class.

Quote Originally Posted by innunowetrust1 View Post
    Seems to be something really good happening here.

Playing on the front foot, pressing, players finding space, one goal away from last seasons tally already.

The players look happy, the fun and togetherness seems to be back for the first time since promotion first season.

Great performance and it's nice to start looking up the table instead of down.

Lovely gesture for Mario Lemina and his father, on the pitch and the photo taken in the changing room after. Class.
    I was thinking the same thing at the game yesterday, the players seem confident and happy like the Nuno era again. The quality of our football was exceptional at times, really easy on the eye.While we shared possession we dominated the game, as O’Neill said performance of the season so far. Massive credit to him he’s really exceeded my expectations… 50 points and a good cup run would be nice for the remainder of the season 🙂

The support for super Mario was fantastic from the stands and from the players, good to see👍

Just over halfway through the season. Thoughts on GON?

I was extremely sceptical at first admittedly but if he carries on like this for the rest of the season I'll be changing the 'N' to a 'D'.

He is doing very well with a small squad that all, it appears, want to play for him. It would not surprise me that one, or more of the big boys come in for him in the summer. I hope after we gave him a chance, he stays loyal to us. Hobbs must take some credit for his appointment as well. It would be great also, if we could hang onto our best players and not become a feeder club.

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...lowest-scorers

An interesting read, and relevant as this thread rises to the top again.
    Last edited by nortonwolf; 06-02-2024 at 01:48 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)