+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Stoke City - v - Leeds United *** Matchday Thread***

Stoke City - v - Leeds United *** Matchday Thread***

Stoke City v Leeds United
    25th October@20:00 | Bet365 Stadium

Fresh from their heroics in East Anglia, Leeds find themselves on the road again, this time in Staffordshire, home of Championship strugglers Stoke City FC.

The Potters had won just once in eight games (from all competitions), that is, before upsetting the odds by beating play-off hopefuls Sunderland last weekend. Whilst three valuable points may have given Stoke Manager Alex Neill a stay of execution, few, including the bookies give them much hope of overturning a Leeds side who are starting to find their rhythm.

Their victory at the weekend coincided with a return to fitness for Enda Stevens, Ki-Jana Hoever, Ryan Mmaee, Andre Vidigal and Lynden Gooch, but will still be without key players Ben Wilmot (Defender), former Whites Midfielder Lewis Baker and forward Tyrese Campbell.

Leeds will be without the services of Junior Firpo, Djed Spence and Stuart Dallas. The trio have all returned to training but with ten minutes of combined game time between them this season, are still a long way from being named in Daniel Farke's line-up.

With Patrick Bamford fully fit, Leeds have the luxury of resting Joel Piroe should Farke wish to do so. Crysencio Summerville and Daniel James may also sit this one out in favour of Wilfred Gnonto and Jaidon Anthony. Archie Gray struggled at right wing-back against Norwich. Luke Ayling and Jamie Shackleton may fight it out for the No2 position, allowing the 17yo a well needed rest.

The last time these two teams played (in the league) was 2019/20. Not only did Leeds do the double, but did so in style, with an aggregate of eight goals to none.

(Courtesy of MOTForum.com)

MOT.

Gonna be no excuses about this one, told its sunny in Leeds presently & no wind or rain to add to a very slippery pitch at the mo as they have been having heavy rain.

Just hoping the Ref Paul Tierney (who has taken charge of 22 matches involving Leeds) wont be flashing us his cards at every opportunity.
    With him in charge we've won 8, drawn 3 & lost 11. In those games he has issued us 44 yellow cards & 2 red cards to Leeds players.

Our set piece defending better have been improved as the Stoke winner against Sunderland last Saturday was scored by Luke McNally their CB with a header from a corner.

Stats show we've conceded "headed goals" from corners in each of our last 2 games. 🤨

Nice to get 3 points, no cards & hopefully no injuries.
    Wondering if Farke might change starting 11 considering all factors.

Suspect Archie Gray will get a break from the starting 11 and possibly Ampadu too.

Why would any ref have had us 22 times? How long of a time span does this cover MT?

This guy is a clown show. He thinks that supporters pay big money for him to be the center of attention.

It boggles my mind that with the billions of dollars flowing through the FA that they can't get a better stable of refs. Some of them shouldn't be doing conference games much less Prem or championship games.

Agree that this is a "must win" game. in years past we always seem to struggle in these type of games. we are so deep this year. we can afford to rest a player of two but I don't piroe is one to rest. strikes me as the type that wants to play every game and he'll get sharper.

I do worry about Rutter. His work rate is really high. don't want him breaking down.

PS- isn't the game at Stoke

Tough game tonight.

A draw would not be a bad result but a win would be huge!

MOT

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    PS- isn't the game at Stoke
    🤪Yes Spaldy, i meant Stoke.

I typed it before i drank my healthy Actimel morning drink kicked in !

Mums in Leeds over for the game & Stoke is only 90 miles away as its between Manchester & Birmingham so with her foot full down on her Challenger its only 1hour 30 mins away & so wont get wet in either place, i'm assured.😉

she has good taste in vehicles.

Just don't hold on to it too long! not the most reliable vehicle as they age.

Coffee's cheaper....not too bad for you in moderation.

Watched the Leicester v Sunderland game last night and don't actually think we are a million miles away from Leicester , Sunderland definitely deserved at least a draw.

If we can keep in touch into the new year it could be very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Watched the Leicester v Sunderland game last night and don't actually think we are a million miles away from Leicester , Sunderland definitely deserved at least a draw.

If we can keep in touch into the new year it could be very interesting.

Hey Rev, lots of twists and turns, smiles and growls yet mate.

Looking at the team sheet, no Summerville, no kamara (both subs) gruev in for first start, I'm sure farke knows what he's doing (fingers crossed) be happy with a point and another 3 at home to Huddersfield Saturday.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)