+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Arbroath (h)

Great performance and result. Raith are under big pressure every match now with the way we are playing. Looking at the league table, our goals scored and conceded figures are incredible. So far ahead of anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    A win with entertainment! More please!

Your last bit though should cover all the way back to McKinnon as well, and this is how this league should have been approached the last time.

The midfield, they still play the ball quite quickly and first time, but in the knowledge there is a player in the right position to receive the ball. Some of the passes sprayed about tonight were bang on target, usually with an outrageous gathering of the ball from the receiver.

Thought Watt had a quiet night and shades of his usual dropping at a touch, but he can do that all night as long as he shows what at least i expect from him with the goal.

I was thinking before the match that Cudjoe could feel a bit hard done by with the form Kai is showing. But i think Kai should learn a bit from Cudjoe in taking a shot. Kai is too blast at em, where Cudjoes exquisite shot was the goal of the night for me!

And did i just see a not bad ref performance?
    Ye Chick I agree with all of that and Watt still isn't doing enough, poor on Saturday at Partick too, he's still far too slow on the ball either gets robbed of it too easy or falls over but what a brilliant dink and finish for his goal.

Still can't stress enough how having a good goalie has settled us down though and is allowing us to be more at ease on the ball and that's showing in every department.

Need to keep this going now, hopefully Raith drop points in the 6 fingered derby today and we keep breaking away

I know we say we have no given right and this is a hard league but we should be pumping teams in the league every week as we have the past couple of weeks

It’s everything that we weren’t last season….

Assured at the back, solid in midfield and creating lots of opportunities in front of goal. Plenty movement and options as we pass out from the back.

Watched them a few times at training this season and the manager is definitely working on a style of play. Routine and routine of passing out from super Jack to the centre backs and immediately looking for movement through the mid/wide areas. He was going nuts the other week when boys weren’t showing for holt and Gallagher. Wonderful to see that making its way onto the pitch.

Team really looks together and fighting for each other. Definitely got to appreciate the level we’re at but the boys and manager are due a lot of credit so far.

Have to say special mention to Docherty for last night as I thought he was exceptional in moving the team up and down the park.

Keep the foot down fellas!

NB. What a crowd last night 8500.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Need to keep this going now, hopefully Raith drop points in the 6 fingered derby today and we keep breaking away

I know we say we have no given right and this is a hard league but we should be pumping teams in the league every week as we have the past couple of weeks
    Last week's thrashing of Thistle was the first time I actually started believing we were the best team in this league. Last night convinced me, and it now looks like the players are believing it too. A good win next Tuesday and I think we will soon start seeing the rest of the teams disappearing in the rear view mirror. By Christmas I'll be ready to start laughing at the Dees again I think, and hopefully pass the c*nts on our way back up!

FTD!

A mention for the groundstaff. That pitch last night was unbelievable considering the non-stop downpours. We must credit the investment that's gone in to let that pitch take that amount of rain. It looked an absolute picture & suited our free-flowing football. Fantastic surface.

My only concern was Dens bursting its bank.

quite amazing when you look at Arbroath in the table and see they only have a -2 goal difference when you consider the aggregate score of 10-0 in our two games alone.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    quite amazing when you look at Arbroath in the table and see they only have a -2 goal difference when you consider the aggregate score of 10-0 in our two games alone.
    They had won 5 of their last six games before last night too

Great game with good football. The only disappointment was making a substitution right in the middle of the minutes silence, it could have waited till that was over.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    A mention for the groundstaff. That pitch last night was unbelievable considering the non-stop downpours. We must credit the investment that's gone in to let that pitch take that amount of rain. It looked an absolute picture & suited our free-flowing football. Fantastic surface.

My only concern was Dens bursting its bank.
    My Dens Park mole informs me that a family of ducks have taken up residence at the T C Keay end of the 'stadium'.They should be safe now as the resident fox was shot if i remember correctly.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)