+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Queens v Cove

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    This was a very big gamble by the board to appoint a rookie manager whom could certainly talk the talk but it's clear that he is unable to walk the walk. We started the season playing with pace and passion which has clearly disappeared suggesting that Bartley has lost the dressing room and the players are no longer performing for him. The club is currently on a downward spiral on and off the pitch and if we do not change direction soon then our beloved Queens will be doomed to a number of seasons floundering in the lower leagues.
    Nail on the head.

Dear oh dear, this is beyond embarrassing. There is no place for a bully, hence the reason for the poor performances.
    We need to get rid of the control freak and bring in someone who can nurture the players.
    Sorry Marvin, the Queens supporters were right behind you and felt sorry for your lack of results, but it appears the problems were self inflicted.
    If you'd listened to advice from others back in July, things could have been so very different.
    I feel so sorry for the BOD and players, but above all the fans.
    The clocks are going back tonight, it's not too late to turn our season around, but Marvin should do the honourable thing and leave the club.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    I disagree Aloreburn, but the stay of execution should only be extended to Kelty Hearts on 18th November, - we need a fresh start by the Hamilton match if Marvin can't turn this around.

I hope he does get the ship sailing in the right direction, - but Marvin cannot take any consolation in struggling to beat Annan, - who are effectively a second string Queens team, - with absolutely no disrespect to Annan whatsoever.

I'm surprised we are struggling so badly, - as we all had such high hopes.
    Jardi what’s changed your opinion since 10 this norning

Well yet another abject home performance. Too many players just going through the motions and at times it resembled a game of walking football. Our midfield has absolutely no creativity and the front two were consistently isolated. I could go on at length highlighting our failings but it is the same week after week. The manager's masterstroke of bringing three attackers on with five minutes to go sums up his total lack of effective decision making. Next week should be fun!

Well I have always tried to support the manager and defended him to give him time to see what way the season was going to go.
    However after today I would say the last swallow has left and winter hath arrived and it may be time for our manager to follow that last swallow.
    There has been absolutely no positives from any of the last 7 or 8 performances bar the Annan result (but still **** performance).
    At the start of the season we had two wingers that were flying in Gibson and walker. These two haven’t started for ages and it takes so much away from an attacking perspective. Yes we have had injuries, but so does every club. Bottom line is I don’t think a number of players are up to playing at this level
    These players are the managers signings and they are failing. So maybe it’s time for a new man to come in, get this shambles sorted and instil some confidence in this side and get some pace back into the side

Pretty much agree with that fatfan. McKechnie for me is a complete enigma. Seems to be nigh on undroppable, a winger that doesn't really beat a man or create. He does show effort I suppose. Positive for me today would be the boy Docherty, a lot of movement, decent link up and good hold up play. Double sitter miss not great though

It may be just me as well but Connelly is the only one who gets me on the edge of my proverbial seat at the moment but hardly gets a sniff

Quote Originally Posted by Threefivetwo View Post
    It may be just me as well but Connelly is the only one who gets me on the edge of my proverbial seat at the moment but hardly gets a sniff
    Every time I have seen walker he has shown pace trickery and from his record he certainly knows where the net is, yet is hardly given a chance these days. Gibson is another, but we all know what we are missing with him not playing. Connley is the same, but none are regular starters. All seems a bit strange as they were all starting regularly at the start of the season when things looked to be positive

Boring negative tactics resulting in a boring negative result. Is that really what the coaching staff prepare all week to churn out. 100 percent at the door of the coaching team. Emotionless football with no get up and go. Can only feel sorry for the strikers playing in that team.
    The opposition realised this team had no intent in winning might as well be us.
    Shocking. How about trying to win the game.

Morning Fatfan, the difference was the allegation of bullying. If that is the case, there is simply no place for it in 2023, but extremely hard to prove for a variety of reasons.
    I honestly do think that there is a decent level of skill in the squad, but for whatever reason the players are unable to express themselves.
    Even without a big, strong striker, there is enough quality and pace in the side to strike fear into any team, and we should be exploiting that aspect of our game, rather than trying to be Man City or some AI generated football team.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)