+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Barnsley v Fleetwood Town

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Vendetta……
    a long and violent argument between people or families, in which one group tries to harm the other in order to punish them for things that happened in the past:

I would say that description is unlikely.

Alternatively it could be - he’s a skilful player - that just doesn’t fit the quick forward play of Barnsley Football Club.
    He’s a Collins possession slow build up type of player.

The whole performance against Fleetwood can be summed up in one sentence …..
    Barnsley were just not brave enough.
    Why risk trying to pick out forwards running into space - when you can tap it sideways.
    But not a mention of the technical ability displayed when he hit the cross bar , the pick out to O'Keefe for the equaliser with the clock running down , when you need composure and a bit of class .

The fact he hardly gives the ball away , the work rate covering Russell's lack of athletic ability , the willingness to show for the ball and support the man on it , the fact he never hides .

All this completely passes you by .

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    Will somebody try to convince me that Phillips is a professional footballer?
    Poor and a shadow of some of the performances we saw last season .

Struggling under the way Collins wants to play is my take , under Duff he was way more comfortable .

Adapt or die Adam , this is pro football and it's as ruthless as that .

We huffed and puffed all afternoon but a draw was probably about right , when they scored the opener our defence were like statues & credit to Fleetwood that they piled men forward quickly & in numbers at every opportunity however we got the equaliser & went behind again to a quality strike but time after time we got down the flanks only to waste the cross with the only quality coming from Kane who was head and shoulders above anything else on the pitch & he was very unlucky not to score when he hit the woodwork ,however thankfully he laid on a fantastic ball for Okeefe to equalise but boy did we miss Styles , Kane was left on his own in midfield, Russell faded badly , Phillips had a shocker , Mccatee probably had his poorest game in a reds shirt & Benson was totally ineffective thus leaving Herbie virtually on his own & I agree with Animals comments that some of the things said on here about Kane is nothing short of embarrassing & certainly does smack of a vendetta but some are never happy until they drive the better players away from the club, football is a simple game , just pass and move , look for space & work hard , it is basically that simple but it only takes one or two in the team not do this for the whole team to be disjointed & become out of sorts , at least when Styles returns he works hard , provides the options & adds much needed quality , on to Friday and the cup where no doubt we will make some changes & give one or two a rest , lets hope we have enough in the tank to get through to the next round !!

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    But not a mention of the technical ability displayed when he hit the cross bar , the pick out to O'Keefe for the equaliser with the clock running down , when you need composure and a bit of class .

The fact he hardly gives the ball away , the work rate covering Russell's lack of athletic ability , the willingness to show for the ball and support the man on it , the fact he never hides .

All this completely passes you by .
    Nope.
    I’ve no doubt there is a player in Kane - and have repeatedly said so.
    My point is that he plays safe - he plays in a style that greatly reduces the risk of looking a poor player - always choosing the easy option pass.
    Kane plays football to make Kane look good.
    He doesn’t play with a risk to hurt the opposition - even when he knows he’s got it in his locker.
    He wouldn’t get anywhere near an Ismael team.

For me - Kane with the passing ability he has got should play with his head up and be always looking forward to hit the space and strikers up front.
    But he rarely does that.
    He could be as good as a player such as Bannan but he’s nowhere near as good.

As for Russell.
    He’s one of the best defensive midfielders I’ve ever seen at Barnsley.
    Because of his height he’s deceptively quick over the grass - one stride of his is equivalent to Kanes 3 - and he has exceptionally quick feet.

One of our major problems is that we are not causing the opposition many problems from midfield.
    We have a few anchor mid midfielders that are good at their job such as Russell, Connell, Benson and Styles

But importantly our wing backs blow hot and cold and we have no attacking options in mid midfielders.

I don’t know what Kane and Phillips roles are - presumably they are midfielders employed to tackle back but also to support the strikers - with regards to supporting the strikers they are just not up to the task.
    Luke Thomas was an option that is now being sadly missed.

Because we haven’t any attacking mid midfielders I’d personally go 343 - with two anchor mid midfielders - and let the goal threat come from the addition of another striker.

352 isn’t working.

I couldn’t understand Cadden being subbed he was putting some great crosses in, the strikers surely know what he’s going to do but yet they still remain behind the defender instead of making a run in front. I reckon we had enough chances to win half a dozen games if we hadn’t fluff the chances they were given.

Far too many off it today. Russell, Cotter, Cadden & Phillips should have been subbed at half time or just after.
    Herbie Kane again a stand out player way above this horrible level.
    How McAttee got voted MOM by the supporters is laughable.
    Looking forward to seeing Styles and Luca back in contention.
    That’s two opportunities lost in moving into the top two and both on home soil with no pressure on.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    I couldn’t understand Cadden being subbed he was putting some great crosses in, the strikers surely know what he’s going to do but yet they still remain behind the defender instead of making a run in front. I reckon we had enough chances to win half a dozen games if we hadn’t fluff the chances they were given.
    Seems to sub Cadden every game now , does the same with Cotter/ O'Keefe .

Which seems to highlight that Collins places massive importance on the wing backs .

If that's the case and it's pivotal to the way he wants us to go then why on earth aren't the two wing backs always pushed up high and tight to the touchline ?

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Nope.
    I’ve no doubt there is a player in Kane - and have repeatedly said so.
    My point is that he plays safe - he plays in a style that greatly reduces the risk of looking a poor player - always choosing the easy option pass.
    Kane plays football to make Kane look good.
    He doesn’t play with a risk to hurt the opposition - even when he knows he’s got it in his locker.
    He wouldn’t get anywhere near an Ismael team.

For me - Kane with the passing ability he has got should play with his head up and be always looking forward to hit the space and strikers up front.
    But he rarely does that.
    He could be as good as a player such as Bannan but he’s nowhere near as good.

As for Russell.
    He’s one of the best defensive midfielders I’ve ever seen at Barnsley.
    Because of his height he’s deceptively quick over the grass - one stride of his is equivalent to Kanes 3 - and he has exceptionally quick feet.

One of our major problems is that we are not causing the opposition many problems from midfield.
    We have a few anchor mid midfielders that are good at their job such as Russell, Connell, Benson and Styles

But importantly our wing backs blow hot and cold and we have no attacking options in mid midfielders.

I don’t know what Kane and Phillips roles are - presumably they are midfielders employed to tackle back but also to support the strikers - with regards to supporting the strikers they are just not up to the task.
    Luke Thomas was an option that is now being sadly missed.

Because we haven’t any attacking mid midfielders I’d personally go 343 - with two anchor mid midfielders - and let the goal threat come from the addition of another striker.

352 isn’t working.
    See how we go on without him at Derby won't you given he's now suspended I believe .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Seems to sub Cadden every game now , does the same with Cotter/ O'Keefe .

Which seems to highlight that Collins places massive importance on the wing backs .

If that's the case and it's pivotal to the way he wants us to go then why on earth aren't the two wing backs always pushed up high and tight to the touchline ?
    Cadden was relatively poor.
    As was all our wingbacks IMO.
    But again - they have the talent but they are just not hurting the opposition enough.

Delivery forward is still too slow when compared to previous HCs.
    Being too slow enables the opposition to form up defensively.
    It was noticeable that when passes went forward more quickly it caused panic in their defence for a high percentage of the time.

Also where are our runners with the ball from mid midfield and defence?
    They’ve more or less gone.
    Mael does the occasional run forward with the ball - but who else ?
    That’s one of the reasons I like Shepherd.

Several occasions McCart had acres in front of him but chose to pass.
    They have obviously been told that this is no longer part of their game.
    Even tho they were brought to the club after being identified as having the ability to move forward with the ball.

Another poor home performance
    disorganised inept and no official penalty taker
    collins smarten them up and that includes yourself because some of your decisions are baffling

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast