+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Barnsley v Fleetwood Town

A third of the season gone. Anyone of the present top ten could feature in the automatic/ play off positions

Team----Played----Points

Portsm 15---35
    Oxford 14----29
    Bolton 14----29
    Peterbr 15----28
    Barnsley 15---27
    Steveng 16---26
    Blackpl 15----23
    Lincoln 14----22
    Derby 14----21
    Wycomb 14---21.

So far we are one of the clubs "in the mix", particularly if some teams win their game in hand. Neill and Jon and the new signings have had time to settle.
    An opportunity now beckons to establish ourselves as strong candidates in the middle third of the season as we play a number of the top ten in that period..

Step forward Neill and Jon and lead this Men's Team to success.

I was a big critic of Kane early season during our poor defeats, and although I dont like the side and back passing he demonstrates, Ive seen more value than villain lately in him. Distribution of the ball and workrate is vastly improved. Id give him a new contrct.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    I was a big critic of Kane early season during our poor defeats, and although I dont like the side and back passing he demonstrates, Ive seen more value than villain lately in him. Distribution of the ball and workrate is vastly improved. Id give him a new contrct.
    I reckon he'll be sold in January Jules , they'll be six months left on his present deal and I can't see us letting him run down his contract and ending up with nowt like we did with Mowatt .

I can't see him signing a new one either to be honest , he knows he'll get better offers and I reckon a number of Championship club's would take him , not high end championship club's but club's such as Swansea , Bristol City or possibly Plymouth Argyle , he's a West country lad I believe .

I'd be amazed if he's here post January .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I reckon he'll be sold in January Jules , they'll be six months left on his present deal and I can't see us letting him run down his contract and ending up with nowt like we did with Mowatt .

I can't see him signing a new one either to be honest , he knows he'll get better offers and I reckon a number of Championship club's would take him , not high end championship club's but club's such as Swansea , Bristol City or possibly Plymouth Argyle , he's a West country lad I believe .

I'd be amazed if he's here post January .
    Could be.
    But I think he’s more likely to go next summer.
    Collins will want to hang onto him this season as he’s a Collins possession type footballer.
    He subs all the midfielders but I can’t remember him subbing Kane.

Nothing to inspire supporters that Kane, Williams or Cole will be here after January.
    Total silence from Grove Street.

Colins interview last week with O’Kane regarding Cole didn’t sound very convincing.

Striker Devante Cole moved onto ten goals for the season with a goal against Shrewsbury.
    He is the top-scorer in League One but, with his contract expiring next summer, Barnsley could receive offers for him in the January transfer window.
    Collins said: “It’s great to have a player of Devante’s quality in the squad, and also other good strikers.
    “It’s no coincidence that, in the past few years, the teams I have coached have had guys who scored a lot of goals.
    “We work hard in training on creating chances for them.
    “I hope he’s here and helps us achieve what we want to do but, if that’s to change for any reason, I believe we can do it with other players.
    “It’s a collective.”

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Nothing to inspire supporters that Kane, Williams or Cole will be here after January.
    Total silence from Grove Street.

Colins interview last week with O’Kane regarding Cole didn’t sound very convincing.

Striker Devante Cole moved onto ten goals for the season with a goal against Shrewsbury.
    He is the top-scorer in League One but, with his contract expiring next summer, Barnsley could receive offers for him in the January transfer window.
    Collins said: “It’s great to have a player of Devante’s quality in the squad, and also other good strikers.
    “It’s no coincidence that, in the past few years, the teams I have coached have had guys who scored a lot of goals.
    “We work hard in training on creating chances for them.
    “I hope he’s here and helps us achieve what we want to do but, if that’s to change for any reason, I believe we can do it with other players.
    “It’s a collective.”
    You could also add Styles to that group too Poggy .

I really don't envisage players with value in them running down their deals .

I think we'd have to be significantly well placed in the top two in January for it not to happen .

Even though the club won't ever come straight out and say it I firmly believe behind closed doors the remit this season is to get on top of the finances first and foremost and take a longer approach to getting out of this league .

There's more than a hint of a rebuild going on in my opinion .

What will be interesting is how much money will be made available in January , the Kitching money dropped in the club's bank account way too late in the summer window for it to be of any use in that window .

I think the player strategy remains the same.
    The Kitching sale proved that.
    The club said that none of the players were going to leave.
    But they forgot to mention - unless an offer comes in that the club can’t refuse.

So that will still be in place come January.
    Plus of course the position in the league and likelihood of getting promotion will be a huge consideration.
    If we are off the pace and not looking like promotion contenders - which at present we arn’t - then players will be allowed to leave.

Oh I’d forgot about Styles Ainmal

I thought we played some good stuff against Fleetwood. We just didn't take our chances and there were plenty. We also couldn't quite get the end product right, whether it be the delivery or finish which was frustrating.

Kane was a delight to watch and the ball he put in for o'keefe to equalize was a peach. It was nice to see us come back twice, something that was a major weakness last season when we went behind in games.

I must credit Fleetwood too who scored a magnificent goal from the free kick but also kept their shape well defending their lead. They rode their luck at times but made some great last ditch challenges to save certain goals.

I enjoyed the game although i was
    disappointed not to get 3 points, it was a decent game to watch

I am not sure why we keep getting talked about as promotion material , we are well off it ,if you cannot get results at home then you can forget it, we have been beaten at home 4 times already and just got away with it yesterday plus three sides have netted 3 goals against us at oakwell , that cannot happen if you want to make a challenge for promotion , fortunately our away form has carried us but we all know that the law of averages say this will not continue all season , we are a work in progress with lower level players than we had making steady progress but that progress requires time , whilst I do not actually think there will be a big turn over of players in january I do think that when we are in division one again next season it will be with a much changed squad once again , incidentally I am really enjoying the season so far because the one thing we are doing better this time is score goals & thats entertaining .

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast