+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Kilmarnock v Aberdeen

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    If there are decent managers out there then why hasn’t Cormack appointed them?

In fairness to Cormack if Pep Guardiola was keen to be our manager then Cormack would give him the job.

The problem is that no decent manager is willing to work under Cormack,hence why we ended up with Glass then Goodwin and now Robson.

I bet you anything that this time next year we will have a different manager with exactly the same problems.
    I doubt Cormack is the sticking point regarding getting a decent manager. Do you think potential candidates have the first clue who he is let alone anything about his reputation/character. The issue will be money and the club itself...being in a **** show of a league with little or no chance of achieving much beyond cup success and regular European campaigns against vastly richer clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbull666 View Post
    I doubt Cormack is the sticking point regarding getting a decent manager. Do you think potential candidates have the first clue who he is let alone anything about his reputation/character. The issue will be money and the club itself...being in a **** show of a league with little or no chance of achieving much beyond cup success and regular European campaigns against vastly richer clubs.
    I don’t know who he has tried to appoint since he fired McInnes but I would think he has approached better managers than Glass,Goodwin and Robson.

He’s spent a fair amount on signing players so why on earth would he skimp on forking out for a quality manager?

People talk in football so if a manager with any sort of pedigree is approached he will probably be asking what he is like to work for.

If they ask McInnes or his agent for example I don’t think they will give him a glowing reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Is anybody still defending the thick over promoted caretaker?
    I'll stick with it.
    Provided there's no trouble behind the scenes that we don't know about.

I didn't have to drive back from Kilmarnock today mind.

It'll be a different story when " The Dons go up, to lift the Scottish Cup"

Big week ahead.
    If we lose both then the inevitable should happen.
    I think we would be saying that would be fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrab1903 View Post
    Big week ahead.
    If we lose both then the inevitable should happen.
    I think we would be saying that would be fair enough.
    Then it’s just Celtic, the Greeks away in Europe and Rangers to beat. The immediate future doesn’t look bright.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    If there are decent managers out there then why hasn’t Cormack appointed them?

In fairness to Cormack if Pep Guardiola was keen to be our manager then Cormack would give him the job.

The problem is that no decent manager is willing to work under Cormack,hence why we ended up with Glass then Goodwin and now Robson.

I bet you anything that this time next year we will have a different manager with exactly the same problems.
    Cormack hasn't appointed them because it seems he has

1.Chosen the cheapest option thinking the manager isn't as ***** to the squad performing as it so obviously is.

2.Thought he was a genius and ahead of the curve when he appointed Glass (very cheap option), that failed massively.

3.Thought he was getting a ready made manager in Goodwin (not an expensive option) who had performed ok in the SPFL and seemed to be due a shot at a bigger club, that failed even worse than Glass.

4.Thought he won a watch when Robson (cost heehaw so happy days) went on his winning run and everyone and their granny was calling for him to be manager, he is failing on a par with Glass and a couple skelpings will take him to Goodwins level.

Cormack needs to dedicate a sizeable chunk of money for a manager to want to come here, he hasn't done anything like that with his previous appointments and as such we have appointed managers for whom Aberdeen is too big a club for them. We need to target a manager that Aberdeen would actually be a step down for them and the only way to get such a manager is to break the bank as we all know in football that money talks.

Whether Cormack goes down that path only time will tell but we've tried young, inexperienced, hungry, cheap options so all that's left is to reverse that trend and see where it takes us. Can hardly do any worse than what we've had to endure for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by ZakkTheMakk View Post

1.Chosen the cheapest option thinking the manager isn't as ***** to the squad performing as it so obviously is.

2.Thought he was a genius and ahead of the curve when he appointed Glass (very cheap option), that failed massively.

3.Thought he was getting a ready made manager in Goodwin (not an expensive option) who had performed ok in the SPFL and seemed to be due a shot at a bigger club, that failed even worse than Glass.

4.Thought he won a watch when Robson (cost heehaw so happy days) went on his winning run and everyone and their granny was calling for him to be manager, he is failing on a par with Glass and a couple skelpings will take him to Goodwins level.

Cormack needs to dedicate a sizeable chunk of money for a manager to want to come here, he hasn't done anything like that with his previous appointments and as such we have appointed managers for whom Aberdeen is too big a club for them. We need to target a manager that Aberdeen would actually be a step down for them and the only way to get such a manager is to break the bank as we all know in football that money talks.

Whether Cormack goes down that path only time will tell but we've tried young, inexperienced, hungry, cheap options so all that's left is to reverse that trend and see where it takes us. Can hardly do any worse than what we've had to endure for a while now.
    I feel it strange that are self made millionare charirman has failed to find a decent football manager and so far has picked three below average guys with no track record of success to lead are club
    In his own bussiness I am sure his strategy was to suuround himdelf with top lieutenants who demand the best from their staff and have the desire and ability to win and lead by example.
    Unfortunateley, to date he has appointed nobody near that level.
    None of them have the drive and ambition to win
    Please advise are current manager we are third bottom in the league on points diffrence and he has a playing squad fare better than that and that current positiion is down to his hoofball tatics.
    Fail in the next two games and I suspect are season is finshed. Be quite remarkable if we qualify for Europe next season going on what we have seen on the pitch so far
    3 to 5 million pounds at stake should we not make the European cut next season and that justifies the managers head if we dont make it.

Quote Originally Posted by KIWIRED View Post
    I feel it strange that are self made millionare charirman has failed to find a decent football manager and so far has picked three below average guys with no track record of success to lead are club
    In his own bussiness I am sure his strategy was to suuround himdelf with top lieutenants who demand the best from their staff and have the desire and ability to win and lead by example.
    Unfortunateley, to date he has appointed nobody near that level.
    None of them have the drive and ambition to win
    Please advise are current manager we are third bottom in the league on points diffrence and he has a playing squad fare better than that and that current positiion is down to his hoofball tatics.
    Fail in the next two games and I suspect are season is finshed. Be quite remarkable if we qualify for Europe next season going on what we have seen on the pitch so far
    3 to 5 million pounds at stake should we not make the European cut next season and that justifies the managers head if we dont make it.
    The best XI is technically as weak as piss, especially the centre backs, and the best technical players we have are all about 5ft 2", the recruitment has been entirely based around playing a 5-3-2 hoofball system (reverting to a 5-4-1) for impossible mission games, which actually makes the team look better because there is support on thw wings for the full backs and its semi-pointless hoofing

for SPL games he abandons the 5-4-1 and plays a 5-3-2 hoof were the team is bankrupt in wide attacking areas and 90% of the games its just a flat back 5 and no transitions available in wide areas hence the hoof centrally

Lets be honest here, 5 at the back is a containing tactic inferior teams play against stronger sides, fine, play it for the mission impossible games, but in domestic games vs the dog and duck fc he needs to think about a more progressive approach , and i get that teams like st midden play with 3 centre backs, but its different as they use wingers in a style that transitions to 3-4-3, he is purely accomodating DUK who looks twice the player as a wide forward in a 4-3-3 where we actually try and play football and not just hoof it praying for 2nd balls

Robson is hillarious, he remarked today about having to play more direct because of the plastic pitch, hes been playing that way domestically all season, ultimately the europa league is just a distraction, we all know there is 0% chance of progressing in that competition, its a few midweek nights experiencing something new, the league is, and always has been the priority as it is the bread and butter, who honestly gives a **** abotu a few exciting close games in europe and finishng in the bottom 6 in the league , i mean, the club was 'celebrating' a defeat in Germany

Even our attacking throw in's have reverted to "hoofball". I could be wrong we have tried at least 100 times to score from this "tactic", I'm pretty sure it hasn't worked once, it's just meat and drink to the opposition defenders. We're rapidly becoming a Livi lookalike

Quote Originally Posted by ZakkTheMakk View Post

Why would he spend so much money on players and go for the cheap option when appointing a manager?

He’s already said that Glass wasn’t his first choice but went with him after he got turned down by another manager.

The rumours of last season was he wanted Chris Wilder to replace Goodwin but he wasn’t interested.

I agree there are other factors to managers not wanting to come here but having Dave Cormack trying to play money ball is probably the biggest one.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast