+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Motherwell fight back to grab a point from Ross County

Motherwell fight back to grab a point from Ross County

Motherwell produced a late flurry of goals to snatch a point as Ross County twice let a two goal lead disappear; 3-3. - External Link

Amazing the difference a late scrambled goal makes to your mood but it's alarming just how many eggs we have in the basket marked 'Biereth'.

An exciting end to the game, but I don’t think we can complain at being 2-0 down. County missed several chances before the scored and their second was very good. I think Mackay made a mistake taking off Murray and Brophy immediately after their second as he clearly hadn’t allowed for what Biereth can do.
    Bigger picture, I think it’s a mistake to keep playing Spencer at left back as he is so right footed. Gent is too inexperienced (he didn’t cover himself in glory at their third goal). I’d stick Spencer on the right and put SOD on the left where his experience makes him a better right-footed player in that position than Spencer in my view. Spencer runs are fine - until he has to cross then he stops and turns back inside, losing all momentum. He also gave the County no. 4 (Brown) acres of space the whole game

In our last five matches we have scored 4 goals and conceded nine taking only one point from them. Our defence needs Butcher back in it possibly at the expense of Mugabe. Bair is never going to be a goal scoring striker and IMO is either dropped or played as only a target/ hold up player. We have to start getting wins back on the board or we could after so much promise earlier in the season we could be in deep trouble.

The points we gained with Wilkinson and, in particular, Biereth out were a minor miracle. Bair and Shaw are both basically hopeless but as said before, there's not a lot anyone can reasonably hope from our fourth and fifth picks.

Butcher for Mugabi - assuming he's fit etc - will make a massive difference.

And agree on SOD... though it's pretty shocking to have got ourselves into the situation we have re LWB.

Any good reason provided officially regarding the hand ball setup for the county goal? Shouldn't there be an enquiry?
    If not, this changes the basic rules of football into hand-and-foot-ball so we should start getting practice in on this loophole :-(

Because he miscontrolled it, it was deemed accidental. Had he gone on to score directly it'd have been disallowed, as he gave it to someone else it's not a foul.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)