+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: If anyone's upset now

The transfer window wasn't perfect, but it was good if you exclude any notions of Tonali's ban. The clubs are asking sky high prices of us for young talent (Livra, Lewis), so imagine what they will be asking for established players in and around Europe's best leagues - I'm so glad we're not buying into that, even if it means it will cause us some challenges in other areas.

To those thinking that it is okay to criticize the club based on us now falling behind Man City and Arsenal - you need a reality check and you need it fast. It makes no sense to even say it becuase we were never on the same page as them. I fear that some fans are getting used to this recent success far too quickly for their own good, already talking about Howe's shortcomings and are seemingly unable to enjoy the fantastic wave that we have been and continue to be riding on. I feel for you if that's case!

I repeat; enjoy the ride

Quote Originally Posted by GBruno View Post
    So by all means, watch the games, wave your little flags, support Tonali, and enjoy finishing 7th or 8th, safe in the knowledge that at least we aren’t fighting relegation!
    Fingers crossed for a Carabao cup run 🤞.

Is this really where we are aiming?
    I'd be happy with 7th or 8th with a good cup run as that's our level at the minute.. we aren't a top 4 side right now, last season we did overachieve and even the manager and the owners admitted that..

we have lost a couple of players and our bench on Saturday proved that.. If Man City, Liverpool or Arsenal lose a few players then that's where they come out on top of us..

for me its the long game.. I'd be happy to keep on building over the next 5 years to establish a strong squad.. currently our squad is top 10 PL standard.. not top 6

Who started this thread?

Ridiculous...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)