+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If anyone's upset now

If anyone's upset now

...wait until after our next 3 games. 🤪

Man U, Arsenal and Dortmund. There's every chance, with the injuries we have meaning the fit players can't be rested, that we'll lose all 3.

Looking at NUFC social media, some folk are going to be calling for Eddie's head if we lose the next 3.

Ludicrous if it happens (fans' reactions, that is). Both Arsenal and Dortmund were second in their respective leagues last season and we have very recent experience of Man U turning it on in big games. Add to that the missing players and subsequent extra workload on an already thin squad and another mini-slump would not surprise me at all.

If this does happen, that's the time to support the team. Cheering statement wins over PSG is easy whereas not going off the deep end after a run of bad results takes patience and seeing the bigger picture.

I think we're in for a rocky period but have absolute faith in how Eddie Howe will handle it all.

Apologies if that all sounds a bit preachy-it's not intended that way...as much as anything else, I think I'm talking to myself 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    ...wait until after our next 3 games. ��

Man U, Arsenal and Dortmund. There's every chance, with the injuries we have meaning the fit players can't be rested, that we'll lose all 3.

Looking at NUFC social media, some folk are going to be calling for Eddie's head if we lose the next 3.

Ludicrous if it happens (fans' reactions, that is). Both Arsenal and Dortmund were second in their respective leagues last season and we have very recent experience of Man U turning it on in big games. Add to that the missing players and subsequent extra workload on an already thin squad and another mini-slump would not surprise me at all.

If this does happen, that's the time to support the team. Cheering statement wins over PSG is easy whereas not going off the deep end after a run of bad results takes patience and seeing the bigger picture.

I think we're in for a rocky period but have absolute faith in how Eddie Howe will handle it all.

Apologies if that all sounds a bit preachy-it's not intended that way...as much as anything else, I think I'm talking to myself ��
    I agree with all that you say, it's not losing games that bothers me though, it's how we lose them and yesterdays game really bothered me. That first half was absolutely abysmal, the passing was ridiculous and the whole team was out of ideas it seemed to me for which EH must take some blame and as for Pope, well I rest my case. Sorry mate, just the way I saw it.

I haven’t forgotten I’m giving a free hit to Howe this season. I think it will be a tough season though.

I’ve seen none of our supporters saying we’ll win the league this year and very few say we’d get top four.
    Yet the toys are out the cot by loads every time we drop points, often ripping in to players who’ve won us points on their own in previous games this season (like Pope) …. Even Trippier FFS😆.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    I’ve seen none of our supporters saying we’ll win the league this year and very few say we’d get top four.
    Yet the toys are out the cot by loads every time we drop points, often ripping in to players who’ve won us points on their own in previous games this season (like Pope) …. Even Trippier FFS��.
    If you're pointing your comment at me mate you're way off base.

Well said Zip.

I think most of us know, it just happens to be the very voxal minority that will be calling for Howe's head.

aye its definitely on the cards mate, the ones with short memories will be chanting for Eddie's head.

Im old enough to realise how good we have it right now and how good it will be even more in the future

The good thing is, our owners are long term strategists and wont take any notice of knee jerk reaction fans, they have a plan and will

stick to it. Eddie is the man to bring us forward and he will be given time to do so.

We have potentially 5 or 6 first team starters injured so apply that to any team and there will be a blip

Let's wait and see how the next three games turn out.

And I'm not just talking results but mainly the way Eddie Howe is able to handle things with a much depleted squad and not much hope of any of the present injured making a return.

3 games in 3 different competitions

A cup run would be nice - and it’s the league cup - we’d be resting key players anyways, so will ManU. So as far as I see, it’s how the younguns and fringe players respond to their opportunity to stake a claim for the bench over the next few games.

Arsenal, at home in the league, won’t be easy, but losing to them doesn’t mean we’re a bad team in crisis. Would be nice to at least give them a game though.

And Dortmund, it would be lovely if we could have the German media saying how we have given Dortmund a wake up call

But whatever happens in the champions league for me is just an adventure. It’s just Xmas come early.

Obviously three wins would be just lovely… but no wins in 3 isn’t a crisis

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    ...wait until after our next 3 games. 🤪

Apologies if that all sounds a bit preachy-it's not intended that way...as much as anything else, I think I'm talking to myself 😁
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannylad View Post
    If you're pointing your comment at me mate you're way off base.
    No, I would’ve quoted your message if I was.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)