+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheffield Wednesday Post Match Thoughts

Sheffield Wednesday Post Match Thoughts

I want him gone and quickly

I tend to agree. He’s had enough time now and todays performance is unacceptable.

Sheffield Wednesday Post Match Thoughts

Just because everybody knew what the script was for this game it didn't mean to say we had to follow it to the letter. We can easily blame the manager but those that pull on the shirt should at least be capable of doing the simple things in football. It's easy to forget that we've been absolutely decimated by injuries and every game, whether it results in a win, loss or draw seems to be a massive papering over the cracks exercise.

Thoughts on today's abject display?

Matty's Mates (the pleasure that keeps on giving) were quick to heap praise on his tactics post-Coventry. Will they be as quick today to criticise

that siht-show?

Shocking performance. Simple passes constantly going astray, players looking anxious and lacking confidence. We know we have had to cut our cloth and get players that no one else wants, but they are better than they showed today and in other away games and the manager has to carry the can for that. QPR game and performance pretty much do or die for Taylor after this as don't think Stewart will take that kind of showing much longer and it's hard to defend him with that show.

I've been watching the Millers for long enough now that I don't let a bad result spoil my day.
    however this is a new low - I feel totally let down and confused as to how we could play that badly in every aspect of the game.
    Embarrassing

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Just because everybody knew what the script was for this game it didn't mean to say we had to follow it to the letter. We can easily blame the manager but those that pull on the shirt should at least be capable of doing the simple things in football. It's easy to forget that we've been absolutely decimated by injuries and every game, whether it results in a win, loss or draw seems to be a massive papering over the cracks exercise.

Why though CAM are we decimated by injuries?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post

I understand your points, but we can't keep playing the victim with the injury situation, there were plenty of fit players in that starting 11 that were awful. As for saying not just the manager that s true, however this is football he is accountable for the results and if he can't get Rotherham players up for a game against Wednesday he shouldn't be the manager at Rotherham, those players were not up for it, the Wednesday players were and they deserved to win. Yes they are not a good team but I think we are the worst team in this league and i think if MT stays in charge in 4 weeks time the league table will show that.

One word - EMBARRASSING!

I don’t tend to post on football related threads these days, but I’ll make an exception for what it’s worth.
    Previously, I was happy to give Taylor the benefit of the doubt - he was new, had a good track record (albeit at a lower level) and talked a reasonable game. I now fear he is completely out of his depth here and although we have picked up 9 points this season, we have been generally lucky to do so.
    I do not recognise or have any ‘connection’ with this team, if that makes sense, and having been a Miller for many years it pains me to say this. Grealish, Lee, Towner, Goodwin, Talbot, Swailes, Frecklington, Arnason amongst many others - players you could get behind who grafted for the club. I see nobody in the whole team, never mind the starting 11 who fills me with any of that. We went down a similar road with Alan Stubbs and that was halted relatively quickly, but the damage had been done and took a long time to rectify.
    I think this will take even longer.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast