+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Sheffield Wednesday Post Match Thoughts

One irony has come from this debacle today how often is it that millers fans go to the sty disappointed we have not rolled them over? A touch of we should be beating teams like Sheff wed perhaps? and shows how poor they are as well as us

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    One irony has come from this debacle today how often is it that millers fans go to the sty disappointed we have not rolled them over? A touch of we should be beating teams like Sheff wed perhaps? and shows how poor they are as well as us
    Quite a lot of Wednesday fans I know thought we'd roll them over.
    Most of them aren't gloating and saying they played well but are generally surprised about how poor we were. Could be a long season for both of us.

Off the pace throughout the game
    Sloppy passing / poor retention
    Disorganised
    Poor off-the-ball running, leaving no options but long ball

Worst - just didn't seem up for it - the only bit of passion I saw was Appiah, when he had been taken off. Maybe also Kelly, who should have been on at half time.

This is all down to the manager and his motivation.

Snippets via WhatsApp from a neutral who I know (well Plymouth fan with in laws in Sheffield)

"...was this the same team that won against Coventry?.....comfortably the worst Champ side I've so far seen (sorry).....seemed to lack fight, cohesion/unity......like rabbits in headlights.....decent keeper.....big lad up front that came on looks handy....hope you play like that against our quick paced, sharp passing play, would be a very good day for us! Some Weds fans couldn't believe how bad you were.......chin up, can't get any worse than that, surely?"

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    For me it's the performance thats the issue. If we'd have gone out and matched Wednesday for effort and fight and lost a classic then yeah, obviously it'd still be heartbreaking but you know the team has left everything on the pitch. Local derby games are notorious for going off script because of the intensity involved.

So for me going into the game, the derby factor, plus the inevitability that Rohl has to win at some point, made this a real 50 50 where I hoped we'd hit them hard early and sap their confidence. Just like Plymouth did. But no, we went out there and played like Wycombe's reserves in the Ainsworth years. Wednesdaycame to battle and were probably shocked at how little resistance they faced

Quote Originally Posted by DerekMiller View Post
    For me it's the performance thats the issue. If we'd have gone out and matched Wednesday for effort and fight and lost a classic then yeah, obviously it'd still be heartbreaking but you know the team has left everything on the pitch. Local derby games are notorious for going off script because of the intensity involved.

So for me going into the game, the derby factor, plus the inevitability that Rohl has to win at some point, made this a real 50 50 where I hoped we'd hit them hard early and sap their confidence. Just like Plymouth did. But no, we went out there and played like Wycombe's reserves in the Ainsworth years. Wednesdaycame to battle and were probably shocked at how little resistance they faced
    Yep agree Derek they were up for the battle we werent.The problem is we are never up for a battle in away games. We need to have a different mind set in away games in general Im not sure MT has quite sussed this out yet. Warne was starting to have a bit of success before he went.

I said after the Coventry game how good is was to see us have a go at them and as long we do that I’ll not complain in the Championship regardless of the end result.

Well today was abject. The only positive to come out of today was that it was only 2-0. It’s a familiar theme away from home and it needs to stop. I’m not going to call for Taylor to go but I fear for him.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Because you picked on IBS's post or do different rules apply to you?
    You may not like his opinions or when he makes them but you are not the referee about what people post on here even though you may think you are.
    Wtf are you on about? Did I say he wasn’t allowed to post did I say he wasn’t allowed an opinion?

He put a thread up about wanting him gone to wind people up.

I replied I want him gone.

You jump in and obviously with both feet to have a go at me for replying to him.

You’re clearly wanting an argument over nothing so im leaving it at that.

I’m sure Idiot won’t take any notice and I’m sure he’d expect it but probably expecting more abuse than what he actually got

Now I’ve calmed down a bit (I’ve stayed off twitX) I’m not saying they were great but I thought Wednesday did a good job on us mostly (some of our players made it easy) they got two/3 players on us when we got ball and we couldn’t keep hold of it or get past them.
    They will end up staying up

Ref was a **** but I’m not blaming him for that lost

The most predictable result of the season? Congratulations to our Opponents on the 3 points. Perhaps if they pay their tax bill, they'll be allowed to keep them?
    I know nothing of the match other than the result. Perhaps they are just a better team than us? Everyone else is.
    Did see someone had put that Pw's teams would not capitulate like that. Portsmouth 0-3 Reading 1-2 MK Dons 10 men 1-2.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast