+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fortress Villa Park!

Fortress Villa Park!

Not since 1983 have we won 12 home league games on the spin, that run was 13 under the late Tony Barton - Fulham up next.

The transformation of this team is remarkable, 70% win rate this season and since the Prof took over it's up in the 60's - we are on course for enough points to get a CL spot. I hope Emery is with us for a very long time!

UTV

We are in Dreamland!!! UTMV

Amazing. I've always been nervous about our home form, historically.

From my extreme nerves in the 70s, to experiencing the same when attending with the not-so-young 'young Villan'.

I have to say, after the final whistle over the last 12 home games, I've been bouncing around with unbridled joy.

Should we beat Fulham it's City up next and the Prof keeps breaking those unwanted records, can we dare to dream?

Spurs away end of November, City & Arsenal at home and Man U away Boxing Day - a big month, we had 4 points from the same fixtures last season, the same or better and a top 5 placing is well & truly on.

I just to think we have Ramsey back soon. Only a year ago I thought we needed an entire new squad. To be fair on previous managers our recruitment has been excellent compared to most clubs.

Aalreet, lads.

You're having some season, mind. Just watched the analysis of your game on MotD2 and you looked extremely good, tbh. Hadn't realised you'd only made 8 changes to your team so far-obviously consistency helps but it looks like you're playing good football too.

We'd love some of that consistency but I've never known a season like it for injuries to so many key players so I think our season's about to come off the tracks.

Anyhoo, that's our problem, not yours. good luck going forward.

Morning, Zip. It’s certainly looking good, squire. I for one am certainly not getting too carried away with it all.

I’m just enjoying the moment, the now. We all know that football has a knack of kicking us in the sweet spot (gender neutrality applied )

Injuries have hit us all season as well. We have a small squad, and our whole left side was ripped apart by the first weekend of the season, with Ramsey, Moreno, and Mings missing thus far.

The transfer window will be *****. Hopefully, with the eyes of the world obsessed with watching you folk, we might be able to snare a bargain or two.

Go well, Zip. UTFV.

P.S. V1tal.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledvillan View Post
    Morning, Zip. It’s certainly looking good, squire. I for one am certainly not getting too carried away with it all.

I’m just enjoying the moment, the now. We all know that football has a knack of kicking us in the sweet spot (gender neutrality applied )

Injuries have hit us all season as well. We have a small squad, and our whole left side was ripped apart by the first weekend of the season, with Ramsey, Moreno, and Mings missing thus far.

The transfer window will be *****. Hopefully, with the eyes of the world obsessed with watching you folk, we might be able to snare a bargain or two.

Go well, Zip. UTFV.

P.S. V1tal.
    Sorry, how remiss of me not to mention Emi Buendia being out all season, as well

If Tielemans finds the kind of performances he showed on Sunday then we have a right player there - the energy he brought to the midfield was fantastic. I can't wait to see Ramsey back, he's such a big player against the top sides and with Moreno now fit it's looking good.

For me it's now about how he addresses the right side, I just don't see Cash hitting the technical levels he needs to and it's an important position so we carry a threat from both flanks as well is through the middle.

Zipp - you've had some injury blows as we have but still doing ok, I always thought this season would be a really tough one with CL football vs the size, depth and above all experience of the usual teams. We are doing great at home, but struggling with away form but as a fan I am over the moon with where we are vs a year ago!

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    Zipp - you've had some injury blows as we have but still doing ok, I always thought this season would be a really tough one with CL football vs the size, depth and above all experience of the usual teams. We are doing great at home, but struggling with away form but as a fan I am over the moon with where we are vs a year ago!
    I think we're about to hit a fairly rough patch, tbh. I agree we've done ok despite the injuries but our last game was a bridge too far-and it was Bournemouth!. Howe and the players have done brilliantly but now we've got Botman, Burn, Isak, Wilson, Tonali, Almiron, Anderson, Barnes and now Schar (pulled out of the Swiss squad) all injured. That's 7 first team players and maintaining any sort form is going to be nigh on impossible with that amount of key players out. With Brighton seemingly faltering, I suspect it'll be up to your lads to challenge the top 6 so good luck with that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)