+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Trust Issues with Some of my players

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    I never believed the relationship between Taylor and the players was a friendly one. Taylor is too aloof for that. However, despite the rumours about a fall out on the tour last year, I sensed that the relationship was professional and everyone concerned had tried their best to push through the situation.

But something happened last week at RUFC, which has damaged that working relationship- maybe a training ground incident, or a disagreement over tactics etc, I am convinced of it. Cafu's attitude was well and truly 'taking the pi ss' yesterday. He downed tools in the middle of the game and there were others who really looked disinterested.

My theory is that the team selection and formation foryesterday, may have caused the issue . I think some of the players may have pointed out that 433 has not worked in the 2 previous games and the players have called him out on it and Taylor has stubbornly dug his heels in.

It's not about 4-3-3 it's who plays there! Fred he's spent but still there!

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    The two club captains were both on the pitch yesterday and it was their job to stamp this out if indeed it is what was happening.
    I don't think Morrison has managed to get back on his feet yet after the first goal yesterday.
    He missed his tackle and then just lay there while play continued until Smith scored.
    It kind of set the tone for what was to come and that was from the club captain!

He has alienated bola by saying he wants him out of the club…so he”s not going to be on board..

He started appiah yesterday after a woeful first half against Coventry,he shouldn’t have started him on that basis alone,but yet to start him and then take him off will have probably destroyed him and his reaction said so,he looks like a confidence player to me and MT has probably just lost him too…

This has the possibility of creeping further round the team after his comments yesterday,but you can’t go from Coventry performance to that what was served up yesterday without something being a miss,i don”t know what it is but something is bubbling under the surface…

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    He started appiah yesterday after a woeful first half against Coventry,he shouldn’t have started him on that basis alone,but yet to start him and then take him off will have probably destroyed him and his reaction said so,he looks like a confidence player to me and MT has probably just lost him too…
    It is quite easy to write a narrative when you don't know the details. Maybe he pulled him off on Wednesday and explained to him why. MT could have thought yesterdays game was the perfect opportunity to give him an early chance for redemption and for Appiah to 'right his wrongs'. When after 30 minutes he'd failed to do just that MT maybe had no choice and maybe he won't make the same mistake again? Who knows?

Thing is, we were a bit better after the substitutions.
    We were awful first half, they should have had 4, we should have had a penalty.
    2nd half was an improvement on the first. Could have a couple ourselves though on balance didn’t deserve owt.
    Ref was awful too. No consistency in his decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by millersrus View Post
    Thing is, we were a bit better after the substitutions.
    We were awful first half, they should have had 4, we should have had a penalty.
    2nd half was an improvement on the first. Could have a couple ourselves though on balance didn’t deserve owt.
    Ref was awful too. No consistency in his decisions.
    Difficult to see where we "could have a couple ourselves" when we didn't have a single shot on target!
    We were awful and wouldn't have scored if we'd played until today.

We were better when Revan came on cos hes more defensively minded. Mind you he should have scored as well. I would play Revan in front of Appiah who is our new Fosu ie runs about a lot producing nowt of substance.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    It is quite easy to write a narrative when you don't know the details. Maybe he pulled him off on Wednesday and explained to him why. MT could have thought yesterdays game was the perfect opportunity to give him an early chance for redemption and for Appiah to 'right his wrongs'. When after 30 minutes he'd failed to do just that MT maybe had no choice and maybe he won't make the same mistake again? Who knows?
    Some funny posts on this thread cam. Funny how before the Wendy game nuffin was said. It's all dooom you know

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Difficult to see where we "could have a couple ourselves" when we didn't have a single shot on target!
    We were awful and wouldn't have scored if we'd played until today.
    As I mentioned, thought we should have a penalty first half.
    Revan also had two shots late on. One skyed over bar and the last one he will be disappointed off target. Thats 3 but the conservative in me ( not political) suggested only 2 we could have had.
    Wednesday could have had four.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Some funny posts on this thread cam. Funny how before the Wendy game nuffin was said. It's all dooom you know
    Well the thread is about Taylor’s after match comments so couldn't really say anything before the game…

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast