+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trust Issues with Some of my players

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    I can't be arsed to dig it out but did you not see Taylor in the dressing room saying to players if you want to keep fit then look no further than this man, pointing to Woody, then words to the effect of, we wish him well etc. He never wanted Woody to stay.

Plus there were numerous quotes in the Tizer by Taylor about Woody moving on.
    No i didnt see him dressing room and doubt many fans do, did you?

I was just asking what you meant because i thought I remembered MT saying he wanted him to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Rotherham boss Matt Taylor wants to keep Richard Wood at the club next season. The Millers captain, who is 37, is out of contract in the summer but looks set to stay in some capacity.

So he changed his mind or Wood decided against it?
    The article that quote was from is dated as 11th November 2022. It might have been true when he said that, but things obviously changed in the following months.

Wood was completely frozen out for 3 months in the second half of the season, despite us being decimated by injuries at the back. Taylor tried every defensive combination he possibly could without Wood. He only brought Wood back into the squad when he was literally the last man standing, and Woody being Woody didn't let us down and got the send off from fans that he deserved. it was pretty clear that barring all the injuries Wood would have never been seen again after he was dropped in January.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    No i didnt see him dressing room and doubt many fans do, did you?
    The club posted a video after the last home game in the dressing room, a lot of fans did see it. I'm sure it's out there somewhere.

Here's the video in question. Yes Taylor says all the right things about Woody and I'm no body language expert but there doesn't look any love lost there. You may disagree.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=209664895149068

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Here's the video in question. Yes Taylor says all the right things about Woody and I'm no body language expert but there doesn't look any love lost there. You may disagree.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=209664895149068
    My view is that the relationship went sour on the disastrous 'bonding' training trip. Taylor says the right words on the video, but then he had to. Whether the sentiments were sincere is another matter.

With the advantage of hindsight we would have been better hanging on to Woody as an occasional player.

Quote Originally Posted by mygiddypant View Post
    My view is that the relationship went sour on the disastrous 'bonding' training trip. Taylor says the right words on the video, but then he had to. Whether the sentiments were sincere is another matter.

With the advantage of hindsight we would have been better hanging on to Woody as an occasional player.

I agree and said at the time and even before that Woody should stay but I thought he wanted to go became wanted to carry on playing
    Maybe when he’s done his badges and is ready to move on from playing he might want to come back behind the scenes
    Last edited by millertop; 30-10-2023 at 02:11 PM.

I never believed the relationship between Taylor and the players was a friendly one. Taylor is too aloof for that. However, despite the rumours about a fall out on the tour last year, I sensed that the relationship was professional and everyone concerned had tried their best to push through the situation.

But something happened last week at RUFC, which has damaged that working relationship- maybe a training ground incident, or a disagreement over tactics etc, I am convinced of it. Cafu's attitude was well and truly 'taking the pi ss' yesterday. He downed tools in the middle of the game and there were others who really looked disinterested.

My theory is that the team selection and formation foryesterday, may have caused the issue . I think some of the players may have pointed out that 433 has not worked in the 2 previous games and the players have called him out on it and Taylor has stubbornly dug his heels in.

Fans aren’t helping team are they, it’s that quiet that you get players trying to get you up for it from corners at home end, maybe they’re not bothered because we’re not bothered when they need us

It was obvious yesterday that too many players couldn’t be bothered. They weren’t embarrassed by their lack of effort. Not all, but a good number never bothered chasing back, tackling, even headers were half hearted attempts and how many second balls did we win? I found it hard to watch and nothing so certain when you see such a performance that something is very wrong. These players had fallen out with each other, MT or both. That’s a big shame coz it will cost the club and once again fall outs will send us back to L1. I have to agree with IBS on Cafu, his level of interest was appalling.
    Last edited by PeteWaller; 30-10-2023 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    I never believed the relationship between Taylor and the players was a friendly one. Taylor is too aloof for that. However, despite the rumours about a fall out on the tour last year, I sensed that the relationship was professional and everyone concerned had tried their best to push through the situation.

But something happened last week at RUFC, which has damaged that working relationship- maybe a training ground incident, or a disagreement over tactics etc, I am convinced of it. Cafu's attitude was well and truly 'taking the pi ss' yesterday. He downed tools in the middle of the game and there were others who really looked disinterested.

My theory is that the team selection and formation foryesterday, may have caused the issue . I think some of the players may have pointed out that 433 has not worked in the 2 previous games and the players have called him out on it and Taylor has stubbornly dug his heels in.
    The two club captains were both on the pitch yesterday and it was their job to stamp this out if indeed it is what was happening.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast