+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Trust Issues with Some of my players

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    Well the thread is about Taylor’s after match comments so couldn't really say anything before the game…
    Whilst the tread is the comments are not..

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    Well the thread is about Taylor’s after match comments so couldn't really say anything before the game…
    We don't really know do we? Just because of what happened with Appiah we don't even know if that's who he was referring to. No player likes being taken off so early in a game but for all we know MT might have said to him "Sorry I f&*%ed up in the team selection and I need to make a change".

Coincidentally, 23 years ago this weekend Mark Robins was livid when Ronnie took him off after 20 minutes of the 'Perfect 10' game at Northampton, an enforced switch as Psycho had got himself sent off (or Gabbiadini had got him sent off) and we needed to bolster the defence with Chris Beech. Robins probably thought "why's he taking me off and leaving that headless chicken Paul Warne on" but obviously Ronnie wanted PWs work rate as we were down to 10 and it all worked out hunky dory in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    We don't really know do we? Just because of what happened with Appiah we don't even know if that's who he was referring to. No player likes being taken off so early in a game but for all we know MT might have said to him "Sorry I f&*%ed up in the team selection and I need to make a change".

Coincidentally, 23 years ago this weekend Mark Robins was livid when Ronnie took him off after 20 minutes of the 'Perfect 10' game at Northampton, an enforced switch as Psycho had got himself sent off (or Gabbiadini had got him sent off) and we needed to bolster the defence with Chris Beech. Robins probably thought "why's he taking me off and leaving that headless chicken Paul Warne on" but obviously Ronnie wanted PWs work rate as we were down to 10 and it all worked out hunky dory in the end.
    Most on here is just earsay or putting 2+2 together and getting 5 that’s the problem
    Personally I don’t think it was about Appiah but I don’t know who he’s referring to

Taylor unhappy with players

The boss looked back at the crap served up at Hillsborough, and admits it wasn't good enough. - External Link

And he was paid to be there, unlike the faithful fans

Wednesday have a matchday feature called behind the scenes on matchday

The video shows players arriving at the ground and going into the dressing rooms. The Wednesday players were bouyant and noisy, really up for it.

Our lot sidled in, hands in pockets, clearly not up for the challenge, as it painfully later proved

Easy to blame the manager but to me it seems that we have too many players that don't give a ****

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    And he was paid to be there, unlike the faithful fans

Wednesday have a matchday feature called behind the scenes on matchday

The video shows players arriving at the ground and going into the dressing rooms. The Wednesday players were bouyant and noisy, really up for it.

Our lot sidled in, hands in pockets, clearly not up for the challenge, as it painfully later proved

Easy to blame the manager but to me it seems that we have too many players that don't give a ****
    Or don't give a **** for the Manager?

How many times have we seen players get a Manager the sack then go on to improve dramatically....see clarkey's post?
    Last edited by Brin; 01-11-2023 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Or don't give a **** for the Manager?

How many times have we seen players get a Manager the sack then go on to improve dramatically....see clarkey's post?
    That's what worries me about QPR on Saturday!!

Quote Originally Posted by GlennMiller View Post
    That's what worries me about QPR on Saturday!!
    Glenn, you don't want to think this is what's happening but, IF the players are doing this, then they will soon be sussed more so by their playing colleagues and then it may well surface what is exactly going off.

You can still see those still looking to perform for the badge and IF certain players keep up a supposed lack lustre performance then Taylor has every right to drop them and subsequently bench them.

Having said that, let's hope the humiliation of last Sunday will be a swift boot up the arse for the under performers.

I've merged the two threads as they cross over.

Reading inbetween the lines Cafu could be a bad influence in the dressing room. Not certain but he doesn't seem a team player.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast