+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Derby

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Would we have to bring people back from loan? (Griffiths hasn't been getting in the squad for Boreham Wood!!!)

Why on earth would you consider bringing Griffiths back from loan he isn’t playing at a lower level for 1 reason he is no good and he has no future at the club surely it would be better putting one of our better younger players on the bench to gain some first team matchday experience, just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    Why on earth would you consider bringing Griffiths back from loan he isn’t playing at a lower level for 1 reason he is no good and he has no future at the club surely it would be better putting one of our better younger players on the bench to gain some first team matchday experience, just a thought
    Absolutely right Wartman. The club obviously want these players off the books to bring in better players so there is no mileage in bringing them back. I would prefer to see a bench full of 17/18 year olds who may or may not have a future at the club. This is the ideal opportunity to give them a taste of the big match atmosphere as part of the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    Good to hear from you again, Wartman, its been a while!
    Just one thing, if you read my post.....carefully, you'll note that nowhere is there a suggestion of bringing back Griffiths.
    I acknowledge that my writing introduced an aside which, admittedly, could, if hastily read, have seemed a bit of a tangent.
    Why on earth would I want Griffiiths back anyway?? His time has gone and we've got other generations coming through.

I came on post-game to see people's reflection on a valiant effort that finally fell short. Considering the injury problems, I thought they brave and strong for most of the game. However, the last 20 minutes was all conducted within 40 yards of our own goal and our clearances rarely turned their players. Needed Rowe to run the ball into corners but he rarely received the ball. In the end the lack of midfield told.

Oh nearly forgot. A huge shout to Lewis Billington who did a wonderful job for 80 minutes.

I came on post-game to see people's reflection on a valiant effort that finally fell short. Considering the injury problems, I thought they brave and strong for most of the game. However, the last 20 minutes was all conducted within 40 yards of our own goal and our clearances rarely turned their players. Needed Rowe to run the ball into corners but he rarely received the ball. In the end the lack of midfield told.
    It would be interesting to know what instructions were given to Rowe because he literally contributed nothing today. I would have wanted him loitering on or around the halfway line with a view to getting the ball and running at their defence and relieving the pressure. CBR and Nev were out on their feet. I am not a big fan of CBR but he was outstanding today. And to be fair, he has been good for most of this season. Missed Powell today.

Oh nearly forgot. A huge shout to Lewis Billington who did a wonderful job for 80 minutes.
    He did a good job on Mendez-Laing in the first half. Derby switched him to the opposite wing for the second half.

Thought the whole team were heroes - they deserved to win.

Looking forward to the replay

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    He did a good job on Mendez-Laing in the first half. Derby switched him to the opposite wing for the second half.

Thought the whole team were heroes - they deserved to win.

Looking forward to the replay
    Not according to the stats and our GK should not be picked again based on Derby's first goal.

We'll get hammered in the replay..

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    Not according to the stats and our GK should not be picked again based on Derby's first goal.

Ffs, the keeper had a good game. He made one error and his goal was under pressure all afternoon. It was a good battling performance by Crewe against a big club with better players and better resources. I expect to lose the replay but there is no reason to assume we will get "hammered".

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post

Not biting! 😊

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast