+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Derby

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    Not according to the stats and our GK should not be picked again based on Derby's first goal.

We'll get hammered in the replay..
    Only one word to say to that..."bolrods"
    The keeper made numerous good saves and he is getting better and better. If that is the only comment you can make after that sort of performance, then please don't bother.
    I have never been more proud of my team! They bust a gut today, every single one of them.

An excellent performance for a good part of the game ruined by our managers obsession with negative tactics for the last 30 minutes. To pull all of your players back into total defence was handing a lifeline to Derby. We lost all shape and from that point there was no way we could hold on. Our players did not deserve that, they put up an excellent display which was ruined by LB.

I have lost count this season the amount of games we have thrown away by retreating negatively.

Quote Originally Posted by lukcour View Post
    An excellent performance for a good part of the game ruined by our managers obsession with negative tactics for the last 30 minutes. To pull all of your players back into total defence was handing a lifeline to Derby. We lost all shape and from that point there was no way we could hold on. Our players did not deserve that, they put up an excellent display which was ruined by LB.

I have lost count this season the amount of games we have thrown away by retreating negatively.
    Not sure what else we could have done really. Sometimes you have to credit the opposition for being better than us. Which they were for the biggest part of the game. I also think our front 5 were out on their feet and when the substitutions came they die was already cast. Derby were in the ascendancy for the bulk of the match.

If we had the opportunity of bringing on 5 experienced fresh substitutes like Derby were able to, I'm convinced the result would have been different. With 6 first choice players ruled out, I thought we were magnificent yesterday. To a man, they ran themselves into the ground.

Fidler

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Only one word to say to that..."bolrods"
    The keeper made numerous good saves and he is getting better and better. If that is the only comment you can make after that sort of performance, then please don't bother.
    I have never been more proud of my team! They bust a gut today, every single one of them.
    Pity we could not hold on for a win. The team gave 100%. The opposition pressure eventually told. Just wonder if we had attempted to retain possession more rather than hoof the ball anywhere back to them most of the time in the last 20 minutes whether the result would have been different. It will now be a tough one at Pride Park.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123