+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Airdrie (a)

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    There is a certain way we play when he is on the park, not quite happening without him. Their big guy up front is causing us a wee bit bather... needs a bigger (ahem) wallop

Are we trying to play them at their own game? Very tight play from the back. (not complaining)

In saying that , not a bad match at all. Not sure about the stream complaints, mines is perfect. Commentator, still very fair. Picture perfect, audio , still clear.

Howz oorz Getting on???
    Gave up with 20 to go on DUTV
    Rank. Usual shambles after albeit poor but visible stream for 70 minutes.

From the finesse on Friday to a bit of agriculture tonight, but joab done! Walton gets my MotM.

Onto Saturday where we need the strongest team available.

Another away win negotiated, good three points. Fingers crossed Docherty came off as precaution, bit worrying his injury record so far this season.

Saw the game out despite not being at our best and without LM. That's the sign of a good side.
    Some good individual performances despite not clicking into the gears we've got used to.
    Was thinking at half time with last season's defence we'd have gone in at HT 1-1 or even worse.
    So onto Saturday we go 🧡

Big save from Walton towards end of first half. Simply didn't have that last year.

Winning in different ways is very good. More of a grind tonight but yet another clean sheet

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamsof83 View Post
    Big save from Walton towards end of first half. Simply didn't have that last year.

Winning in different ways is very good. More of a grind tonight but yet another clean sheet
    Yeah it was a great save like you say. The confidence our defence has now is impressive.
    A step up from Birighitti Edwards and Mulgrew 🤨
    Well it is Halloween 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    Moult admitted as much when talking to James McFadden on TV. He said something like " You know me James, can't play on the plastic"

I thought at the time he was being sarcastic and taking the piss out of someone who had claimed he couldn't. Looks like there maybe an element of truth in it. I don't think he can't play on it, It's probably fear of long-term injury.

Oh well, I've happily gave Airdrie meh £15 for the match. I'm gonna "Go Compare"

Interesting. I’ve had an acl injury myself and certain surfaces do just kill it - he was probably in pain for a few days after the Raith match

Fantastic result again.

The defence is crucial.

On to Saturday - ICT and Dunc

Should be a great atmosphere and one we need to win to keep our noses ahead of Raith who keep winning

Anyone got an idea on injury to Docherty ?? , a bad one ?? or off as a precaution???

7 clean sheets out of 11 matches. Had 7 in 38 matches last season.

Roll on Saturday. Airdrie should give Raith problems even on plastic. Beat them in the reverse fixture in the first lap.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)