+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Fabled 10 game mark

The Fabled 10 game mark

Alreet bonny lads and lasses, how ya al'deein this autumnal Monday Morn?

We're at the fabled 10 game mark of the season.

So ... what do we think?

If we are the Main Stream Media "They're punching above their weight once again, having a good run of form but that 3 game run of defeats is their level.'

Truth is we're top of pretty much every metric. We're actually underachieving and considerably lower in the league than our output suggests.

In the back of our collective minds and pre-season comments confirm that we all knew injuries to key player was gonna be a major determining factor on where we were gonna end up.

So far we've not had our full-force-first team available.
    Willock is coming back to fitness
    Joelinton still doesn't look at his 100% aggressive devastating best
    Botman out injured
    Isak carrying an injury
    Barnes crooked before he got going
    Tonali suspended
    Anderson back injury

Oh yeah & the real big loss, Krafth has been unavailable for Howe, so he's had to play his 2nd choice right back some fella called Trippier.

Name:  EPL after 10 games.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  62.4 KB

Currently we're sat in 6th on 17pts
    There is a bit of a gap opening up between us & 4th of 6 points.
    So I'm a little concerned that we are gonna end up being the 'best of the rest'

Name:  EPL after 10 games 2.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  75.6 KB

However, we're only 9pts from top and there is 28 games left to play so we're still in the mix. We are united, we are fighting, we are together.

To counter the negatives the reality of the situation is, we are no where near our best. As an example, Spurs are at Peak and are top of the league with no European football they are focused on the Prem. Good for them. It won't last.

Furthermore, we have Livramento, Hall & Louis Miley all pushing to become 1st team regulars so the future looks bright for us. We just need to stay in touch with the leading pack, 6-9pts is a reasonable bridge we can cross, so that down the home straight, end of Jan/Feb when the fixtures even out for the run in to the end of the season we can close that gap and move up into the top 4-5 positions as other teams run out of legs.

Ed and the team are doing a great job. The average position of a team playing their first season in the Champions League is 8th. So we're beating the average at present.

I'm confident that we'll be playing Champions League football again next season.

What are you lads and lasses thoughts on the matter?

Have a canny Monday & a belta of a week!

the doom and gloom from some of our fans is crackers, we are actually 2 points better off than this point last season,

we have had a much harder set of PL fixtures than we did last season, and we have only played 2 more matches due to CL

than we did at this point last season. We have been unlucky with injuries.

The Manure game will give Eddie a chance to play the bench/fringe players and get Willock and Big Joe some minutes to get back to match fitness.

The pressure is on Two Haag's side on Wednesday, that assembled group of overpriced, overrated flops are in meltdown

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    the doom and gloom from some of our fans is crackers, we are actually 2 points better off than this point last season,

we have had a much harder set of PL fixtures than we did last season, and we have only played 2 more matches due to CL

The Manure game will give Eddie a chance to play the bench/fringe players and get Willock and Big Joe some minutes to get back to match fitness.

The pressure is on Two Haag's side on Wednesday, that assembled group of overpriced, overrated flops are in meltdown
    Also we have the incentive of the revenge thing with Manure in this particular cup.

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post

100% agree dude!

We've had so many harder fixtures, still in touching distance to the leading pack. None of those clubs have suffered their seasonal injury blip yet. Spurs, Villa & Liverpool have had pretty much their first 11 fully fit through the first 10 matches.

NUFC have been stronger in the back half of the season under EH so I expect us to close that game.

Ten Pence will be punted by Feb was my reconning from before the Cup Final last season. I stand by that.

They are a joke on and off the pitch, the New Sports Direct FC. Rio should get his hand in his pocket and start the whip round the muppet.

I got a fiver for the coke head

I see nothing but a win on Wednesday, it'll be a good confidence booster for the team.

I've said before, I think that top 4 will be the top 4 at the end of the season, albeit not necessarily in that order.

Villa are a cracking side with a good squad, ditto Brighton..

As pointed out, though, according to any meaningful metric, we are actually underachieving so who knows what might happen if we start turning those numbers into goals and points.

Was it Alex Ferguson who said, “the season doesn’t start till Xmas.”?

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Was it Alex Ferguson who said, “the season doesn’t start till Xmas.”?
    That was Fergie's excuse for them usually being slow starters.

My worry is that with the squad so hit for injuries, we could end up with players plying too much, getting knackered, and have a long term lack of depth in the squad with people in and out the treatment room all season.

Yeah he did and yes it was due to Man U not being prolific ahead of Christmas however the Prem Trophy end up in the Cabinet at OT come April on numerous occasions.

We have been stronger in the 2nd half of the season under EH since he arrival and I don't see that changing this season.

We'll have Barnes back to fitness & also have added again in Jan. SO GAME ON BABY! WOOP WOOP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)