+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Realistic alternatives to Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by millersrus View Post
    Can’t believe I’m replying to an obvious wind up.
    As I have…
    I’m certain no one would join as there is no position available and I hope there will be no position available as I want MT to succeed.
    I’ve mostly seen positive signs of improvement in the players and the style of play that is required for championship survival.
    I'm still a bit down after yesterday’s poor show however it’s time to get behind the manager and team and not lay the boot in.

UTM
    This... 100%

I'm still angry about the no-show yesterday, but you could see that the players cared at the final whistle. They came over and took the flak.

It's not yet time to ditch the manager.

We have a manager. Yesterday wasn’t great but let’s just support him instead of acting like spoilt babies. MT is capable and I for one think he will get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    We have a manager. Yesterday wasn’t great but let’s just support him instead of acting like spoilt babies. MT is capable and I for one think he will get it right.
    👍🏻

I hope he does get it right but you have to admit his record and approach to away games is abysmal and showing no sign of improving.
    We've had one or two decent performances at home but I don't know if that will be enough to stop the tide that seems to be turning against him.
    I dread to think what the crowd reaction will be if we lose to another relegation rival on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I hope he does get it right but you have to admit his record and approach to away games is abysmal and showing no sign of improving.
    We've had one or two decent performances at home but I don't know if that will be enough to stop the tide that seems to be turning against him.
    I dread to think what the crowd reaction will be if we lose to another relegation rival on Saturday.
    Mellow you know me well enough to know I’m classed as a happy clapper. Of course there’s limits on loyalty and support but it’s like a baying mob at the moment. People should calm down it’s a bad performance yes but the reaction by some is pure glee it’s just wrong.

Mellow you know me well enough to know I’m classed as a happy clapper. Of course there’s limits on loyalty and support but it’s like a baying mob at the moment. People should calm down it’s a bad performance yes but the reaction by some is pure glee it’s just wrong.
    I don’t think it’s just down to yesterday’s performance though is it? It’s a build up of every away performance this season being like that (Southampton was a freak result where Viktor rescued us yet again) The fact that we got another performance like that at that particular ground against that particular team is looking like the straw that broke the camels back in the eyes of a lot of fans.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteWaller View Post
    Be a mistake appointing Wilder. He thinks he’s way too big for Rotherham and another one not for me. Too much of a climb down in his eyes to take on Rotherham. I can see why TS took on Taylor, young ambitious and had a track record in the lower leagues looking for his next steps up. Not sure there are many similars out there and asking a former Prem League manager to step down to Rotherham wouldn’t work out in my opinion.
    I wasn”t really fully advocating him,I foolishly got sparring with gru again,I must learn..!..but he said he doesn’t want wilder cos he’s a blade,I was just pointing out the fact he played for us too…

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    I don’t think it’s just down to yesterday’s performance though is it? It’s a build up of every away performance this season being like that (Southampton was a freak result where Viktor rescued us yet again) The fact that we got another performance like that at that particular ground against that particular team is looking like the straw that broke the camels back in the eyes of a lot of fans.
    I wouldn’t disagree too much with that.
    What I will say is that MT knows that can’t happen again so maybe it will be the catalyst for change.
    I still think he can achieve things with us. I hope he’s given time.
    TS May we’ll have to come out soon and back him or sack him.
    I hope it’s back him.

Given time pocket? A quarter thru season and already 5 points adrift of safety. We just cant afford anymore slip ups . He aint got time has he?

We will soon need play off form just to stay up. Scary int it?

I wouldn’t disagree too much with that.
    What I will say is that MT knows that can’t happen again so maybe it will be the catalyst for change.
    I still think he can achieve things with us. I hope he’s given time.
    TS May we’ll have to come out soon and back him or sack him.
    I hope it’s back him.
    Ah yes, the dreaded vote of confidence.........🤔

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast