+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Realistic alternatives to Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    Nearly Everyone said same thing when we appointed evans,but an average crowd of 9,000 suggested otherwise..
    Some actually stopped going (so they said) but had no problem going to Wembley.

I wouldnt go under Ainsworth apart from maybe the one game to BOO him (i never boo) 😂

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post

I wouldnt go under Ainsworth apart from maybe the one game to BOO him (i never boo) ��
    We'll hold you to that!

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    We will go for hirsty. It will be a similar situation to stubbs/ warne. Hirst will be on damage limitation this season and ts will hope he can regalvanise us into a "Rotherham" team in div 1 next season. Cheap cheerful and could work. A sort of back to square one. Might even bring woody back. Mark miwurdz
    Hurst's managerial record is known and isn't exactly glowing the further up the leagues he goes - one good season at Shrewsbury. If you go down the 'galvanise a Rotherham' team might as well ditch Hurst and go straight for Woody if he can find the right experienced no2 to help him.

Well the reason he never took the Wednesday job is because he lived in the area,so I assume that’s still the case..
    Somerset I think though that might change following his sacking

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post

I wouldnt go under Ainsworth apart from maybe the one game to BOO him (i never boo) 😂
    Some are still saying they are not going while boothys in charge….

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    One of the reasons I'm not calling for him to go is because there is no obvious better alternative, so give him chance to turn it around. We were 8th in the Championship just over a year ago and the best manager we could attract was Matt Taylor. Why would we attract better managers now?

Warnock wouldn't come in my opinion, and he looks like going to QPR anyway. Plus that would just mean we had to start from scratch again in the summer when he retires for the 10th time. Going back is often not a good idea anyway, if we going to look at the past we may as well just get Ronnie back!

Rowett I imagine would probably think he can do better if he waits a bit.

Wilder? Again, would probably think he can do better but an ex player who lives local. He's been linked with a surprise return to Bramall lane however.

Nathan Jones possibly? but I don't think those who weren't a fan of Paul Warne and his emotions would be fans of Jones. He did well at Luton but looked on the verge of a breakdown at Stoke and Southampton.

I hate to say Ainsworth but I reckon that's the calibre we'd be looking at, and I'm not sure many of us want that.

I think Rotherham have generally done well with a 'character' in charge, Ronnie, Evans, Warnock, Warne, all very different characters but not your normal cliche spouting managers, and Evans aside all had a previous connection with the club. It was easier to get behind them. The more dour serious managers, Scott, Redfearn, Stubbs etc all failed. Robins was the only one in that mould to really do well but he also had a connection to the club as a player.

The grass isn't always greener.
    A very good post. Personally,MT is a good,honest,hardworking bloke.I honestly believe had injuries been kinder to us,we would be doing OK.We can complain about the gambles on Morrison,Hall and Peltier but ironically,Peltier has been one of the best players over the last 2 games but the injuries to Humphreys and Blacket are killing us,and no one can blame MT for that.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleSquirt View Post
    Hurst's managerial record is known and isn't exactly glowing the further up the leagues he goes - one good season at Shrewsbury. If you go down the 'galvanise a Rotherham' team might as well ditch Hurst and go straight for Woody if he can find the right experienced no2 to help him.
    Revell and Woody?

I find it ironic that at the moment,Exeter,Derby and Rotherham are all in perilous positions.Would stranger things have happened if,before Christmas,Warne ended up back at the NYS and MT ended up back in Exeter?

Wilder also a former rotherham player…!..

comes across as ignorant opposite to Warnock!

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    comes across as ignorant opposite to Warnock!
    So you're wanting a good human being as manager?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast