+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mnf

Mnf

I know it's stuff that occurs in the good old USA, but f00k me is Monday Night Football so f00king by boring. 60 minutes of actual play occupies 3 ****ing hours elapsed time, reeediculous. Premiership games get "extended" by 10 minutes or so, max. Triple game time with "padding" would kill the game this side of the pond.

Channel 5, MNF = Sh1te

You think it's bad on TV try going to a game.

Every 2-3 minutes a "time out" that's a couple of minutes long. You can't get up and move around and throwball seems to attract a lot of large boned people. Usually their rolls of fat are spilling over into your seat and many have the grey matter and intellectual skills of President Biden. You either end up in a zombie like zone of wealthy ticket holders or rabid fans that scream hysterically at every play.

It's also as rigged as world championship wrestling. Generally, within a couple of calls you can determine who the NFL has dictated should win. It's the easiest "pro sport" to rig. On any play the ref can call some touch foul, personal foul, hold or illegal contact and ensure that the correct team wins.

Another gem is that there is no relegation so a certain amount of teams are tanking to get a higher level draft pick.

The best part of all is that if you have the misfortune of having one of the clown show teams in your area you get to pay 2-3% more on every dollar you spend on food, drink or entertainment in your 50 mile radius. All so that some billionaire owner does not move his team.

Some things you just can't make up. How this ever happened in a supposedly "free" capitalistic country is beyond me.
    Last edited by spaldy; 31-10-2023 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    I know it's stuff that occurs in the good old USA, but f00k me is Monday Night Football so f00king by boring. 60 minutes of actual play occupies 3 ****ing hours elapsed time, reeediculous. Premiership games get "extended" by 10 minutes or so, max. Triple game time with "padding" would kill the game this side of the pond.
    Hey mate sat in a bar here watching folk glued to a screen, great lengths of time of nothingness. Damn game never ends. Adds every 10 seconds, it’s worse (imo) being there. Each to their own and all that. Best part is trying to take the piss regarding sockkkkher. How that so called sport made it on the box over there baffles me. Ice hockey would be a bit better watch, again though littered with stupid commercials. Football here imo is a non sport, but they love it. Go figure.

I'm weird, I actually like the game. Missed last years Superbowl, first time in 13 odd years.

I do understand some of the bum calls though. Seen some rubbish "roughing the passer" decisions through the years and some pretty blatant PI and holding not called either.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)