+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our season with these injuries...

Our season with these injuries...

I'm not one for doom and gloom..

But anyone else worried our season will fall apart over the next couple of weeks?

I'll be happy for once when the international break comes around..

Now I nkow some on here are going to call me negative for this etc etc..

but hand on heart do you think our squad is strong enough without....

Botman - being assessed
    Isak - End of November
    Tonali - Next season
    Barnes - January
    Anderson - December
    Murphy - no return date
    Miley - no return date
    Manquillo - new groin injury

Albeit Miley and Anderson not regulars, they were good enough for the bench..

I really hope Howe has Callum Wilson in a cryochamber and only brings him out 30 minutes before kick off each game

I hope I'm wrong and get laughed at after this run of games for being a doom merchant etc

You're not a doom merchant Tut, more likely a realist. The injury list is big and also mainly long time. My big worry is that it doesn't get added to before some of the current injuries return.

No, it's just a real possibility, unfortunately.

It won't do anything other than confirm what we know about our squad. Years of neglect have left us with average (at best) players who Howe has coached incredibly well and weaknesses in key areas. FFP has meant that we haven't been able to address these issues properly yet. The fact that we've spent a lot and are still in this position shows just how much work needed to be done.

Have we just got to say goodbye to the caravan cup and put out an under 21 side so what’s left of our team can have a rest

Quote Originally Posted by 5under1and View Post
    Have we just got to say goodbye to the caravan cup and put out an under 21 side so what’s left of our team can have a rest
    That would be very brave, and cannot see Eddie doing it,not because he isn’t brave, but because he wants to win a trophy. If we can get past this lot we have a chance. Not sure which teams are left though.

Quote Originally Posted by 5under1and View Post
    I hope we do, and think that the Gunners game at the weekend is the priority anyway.

Anyway, looking on the positive side, I've gone for the Asian handicap N/c Uted. at 0 & +.5 score bet 1-1 or 1-2

Well..... I was a little bit wrong...

I hope I keep being wrong..

Quote Originally Posted by Tutfoster1892 View Post
    Well..... I was a little bit wrong...

I hope I keep being wrong..
    Your post was very fair and you were trying to be a realist - nobody could have predicted what happened last night! Dummett and Krafth in central defence at Old Trafford ffs

However, I think we owe it - certainly now - to the squad players to have a bit more faith in what they can do for the club.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    Your post was very fair and you were trying to be a realist - nobody could have predicted what happened last night! Dummett and Krafth in central defence at Old Trafford ffs

However, I think we owe it - certainly now - to the squad players to have a bit more faith in what they can do for the club.
    The thing is Hughie.. I want to keep being a pessimist, for the simple reason I'm happy when I am proved wrong rather than being optimistic then being gutted if we do get beat

The Mike Ashley effect

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)