+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Conor Keeley, Irish CB

Piccy doing the rounds on X. Is it Brinds?

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    It's also hard to compare the LoI to L2. I have no idea what the average quality of a team is in that league and what level that would correspond to in the English pyramid.
    Likewise. Looking at the video montage I was reminded of when I used to visit my son at university in Bangor, when he used to drag me down to watch Bangor City play in the Welsh Premier League, joining a crowd of several dozen in what seemed to be an abandoned cow shed. Looking to see where BCFC is now, I was surprised to find that it's disappeared. A sad end for one of the founders of Welsh league football. Lucky draws in UEFA competitions saw them occasionally playing the likes of Atletico Madrid, but just like the Irish leagues, that sort of thing didn't make it any easier to draw equivalences with English leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    To be honest I love the approach on new signings where we bed them in first.
    There are a small minority on here that would disagree. They want players in and up to scratch immediately. When they are jot it must be cos they are crap.
    We are reaping the integration approach with a few players… JJ took a while to get consistent starts. Macari looks a good prospect and I’m certain Stoke will be delighted with how LW and Notts have handled him. Young men on loan isn’t purely getting minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    Going by that Youtube video you can see why people are a bit excited about this (potential) signing. He's a giant of a lad - which we are definitely lacking - and it looks like he can play the ball, which is important in our team. Also seems to have a few goals in him.

However, playing devils advocate I believe he's also currently just a part-time footballer. So we can't really pin all our hopes on him being ready this season.

Fingers crossed he signs and turns out to be awesome tho!
    And fingers crossed the L2 refs understand just how clean he looks when slide tackling! (seems to be a dying art these days thanks to the refs!).

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post

Yeah, looks like Brinds to me.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post

Doesn’t look like Brinds to me 👀

What’re other people on Twitter saying?

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post

Liam Bridcutt seems to be the name most people are guessing at. Looks like Brinds to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    There are a small minority on here that would disagree. They want players in and up to scratch immediately. When they are not it must be cos they are crap.

We are reaping the integration approach with a few players… JJ took a while to get consistent starts. Macari looks a good prospect and I’m certain Stoke will be delighted with how LW and Notts have handled him. Young men on loan isn’t purely getting minutes.
    Yes, as with the change in playing style over the past few years, it's another case where Notts fans are having to be educated to think and react differently. Not all incoming signings will be blooded in the first-team straight away, because it takes time for some to get up to speed with the way we now play, which is a culture shock for many lower league players. A good number of our players now have been here for a long-time and instinctively understand each other's game, which plays a big part in the type of football we play. Newcomers can't always just be 'plugged in', unless circumstances like injury require shortcuts to be taken.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post

Just seen someone saying it's possibly Luke Amos (CM) - released by QPR in the summer and was linked with Reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Rez1862 View Post
    Just seen someone saying it's possibly Luke Amos (CM) - released by QPR in the summer and was linked with Reading.
    As a stand in for Matty?

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast