+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VK has fecked up big time and he knows it.

I will tell what the problem is. VK thinks that the players should be able to play the way he did. VK was different gravy but for anything to work he needs to manage expectations. It is the same when any of the top players become managers they think because they played at the very top level the their players should be able to do so as well. Just look at Rooney, Lampard, Gerrard and Terry they all have the same problem. Unless VK recognises the differences between what he could do as opposed to what our players are only capable of then his tenure will be short.

I d of what I think Lancaster - reality is that these players can all play and what is really needed is a shape - formation that allows us to be more competitive- the high press ( I’m like record with a scratch in it ) doesn’t work for us as we are we are instantly too open against opposition, we are struggling to score goals but every week we are chasing the game hence more open again.

If it was me I’d start by picking a 11 and a different shape that allows us to stay in the game without committing suicide early in games.

Job 1 is become more compact - stop balls being delivered into the box ( asking for trouble at this level ) even a draw would help and give us something to build on.

Imo anyway if we don’t this and continue down the path we’re on we will be the whipping boys and concede 3-4 every game.

I refuse to believe that players who are at this level can not adjust to a different system that keeps us in games

I refuse to believe that players who are at this level can not adjust to a different system that keeps us in games[/QUOTE]

I dont think it is the players Army.VK simply refuses to accept we are not technically good enough at this level to play the way he wants.You know its bad when I get asked by my twin boys who are we getting beat by this weekend....

Realism

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    I get all of that CIB but it can’t be that all the players are trash , they just need putting into a system that potentially gets us a bit more solidity and togetherness- yes they are his signings ( we think anyway ) but moulding them into a winning team is a bigger job than many think.

Last season wasn’t a fluke and let’s be honest it was good football - however people on here believe that if we had bellis - maatsen and Tella we’d be fine but I’m not so sure on that front. (!although if we had Bellis defensively we’d be better i think ).

The players need to step up that we have and VK in my opinion. Needs to find a different way of playing as this one isn’t working otherwise we’ll get murdered many more times - above anything else though I believe the players need to realise that it matters a lot - there is a bit too much of it’s early days and we’re ahead of schedule rubbish ( sky documentaries).

It’s now or never imo - Saturday is a big day not entirely result wise but I feel if we don’t show a glimmer of hope - progress - passion our seasons in jeopardy of wing over.
    I dont think a number of the players are as bad as we think,the big problem (and Berge summed it up in a recent interview)-the amount of information to take in at Burnley during training is staggering!
    I am afraid Kompany falls into the same category as Lampard,Gerard,Ince,Viera etc-great players but "found out as managers"
    VK needs to go its as simple as that and sooner the better.

[VK needs to go its as simple as that and sooner the better.[/QUOTE]

Biggest load of rubbish I've read in ages DTP. Sorry but I have a problem with knee jerk whether on here or in any environment. Time to back our young team and manager imho.

Quote Originally Posted by wmdave_b View Post
    [VK needs to go its as simple as that and sooner the better.
    Biggest load of rubbish I've read in ages DTP. Sorry but I have a problem with knee jerk whether on here or in any environment. Time to back our young team and manager imho.

This is not a visceral reaction wmd_b but we have no chance whatsoever of staying in the EPL this season.

Vitinho, O'Shea, Brownhill, Cullen, Jay Rod, JBG, Taylor, Egan Riley, Cork, Redmond, Weghorst, Churlinov, Costelloe, Twine, Benson & Zaroury are either past it, out of contract or not good enough for the EPL.

Our recruitment policy led by Kompany is a total shambles and in the first week in November we already have one foot back in the Championship.

Frankly I would sack VK's sorry arse right now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

This is not a visceral reaction wmd_b but we have no chance whatsoever of staying in the EPL this season.

Vitinho, O'Shea, Brownhill, Cullen, Jay Rod, JBG, Taylor, Egan Riley, Cork, Redmond, Weghorst, Churlinov, Costelloe, Twine, Benson & Zaroury are either past it, out of contract or not good enough for the EPL.

Our recruitment policy led by Kompany is a total shambles and in the first week in November we already have one foot back in the Championship.

Frankly I would sack VK's sorry arse right now.
    Then for me BT I am glad you are not in a position to sack him. Given the choice of any one man I would choose to sit down with and talk about football or indeed any other subject VK would be near the top of my list. I can see integrity, resilience and hard work when I see it. We are not in a good place at the moment. This is when fighters tend to prove themselves. I am not suggesting by the way that we all volunteer to join the “forlorn hope” you will be glad to know.

I wouldn't be sacking Vinni and I don't think Mr Pace will either. If, if, if, if only the fixtures hadn't given us such an horrendous start, if Ekdal and Beyer had stayed fit, if Foster hadn't got a red and then got ill again, if only a couple of dubious VARs had gone our way, if Maatsen hadn't turned us down at the last minute, we could have been well out of the bottom three now. Fine margins.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I wouldn't be sacking Vinni and I don't think Mr Pace will either. If, if, if, if only the fixtures hadn't given us such an horrendous start, if Ekdal and Beyer had stayed fit, if Foster hadn't got a red and then got ill again, if only a couple of dubious VARs had gone our way, if Maatsen hadn't turned us down at the last minute, we could have been well out of the bottom three now. Fine margins.
    We also needed to buy a proven no.9 Sinkov.We have little or no goal threat.The chances that were squandered by JBG and Jayrod proves they are past their sell by date in this league.We failed to trouble their keeper to be honest and never looked like scoring despite the montains of posession.The Maatsen debacle is a mystery to me.Surely he must have told VK he wanted to stop at Chelsea long before the end of the window?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    The Maatsen affair was an embarrassment to Burnley Football Club as was the Townsend contract offer. Trafford should be nowhere near the first team yet, I honestly have no idea what Kompany is trying to achieve with how he sets the team up.

The glimmers of hope are Berge, Koleosho and Amdouni. All we now need are another eight of their quality and we will pi$$ the Championship next season.

To the "I'm a believer" posters on here who have not seen a live game yet, I always have a couple of spare tickets to give away, may I respectfully suggest you get your arses out of the comfort of your armchairs and come and watch the dross Kompany is serving up.

Yesterday for the first time in a long time the staff and team got booed off the pitch.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)