+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tonali exactly what i expected

Tonali exactly what i expected

news today that Tonali is now being investigated by the F.A to see if he has broken betting regulations since his move to us.
    I knew it would come, theres nothing like kicking someone while they are down.
    AND another potential rule change incoming, to stop us loaning players from Saudi. we really have them rattled

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    the other MASSIVE thing to consider is, Sandro Tonali has admitted to having a gambling addiction, so if thats the case, you can pretty much say for certainty that his addiction didnt stop once he changed clubs and Joined Newcastle.

Therefore i expect another investigation from the English F.A. to see what betting rules he has broken since being under their jurisdiction

The FA investigation, I get. In fact, it's fair enough but would be a huge blow if they added a ban on top of his current one.

The rule chamge would be a cunt's trick aimed at nothing more than punishing the club because of who we are as opposed to what we've done.

the rule change would not shock me though, the greedy 6 have been trying to stop us from day 1.

Man City and Watford have loaned players from other clubs their owners are involved with, if new rules are brought in to stop us, then i expect a massive can of worms to be opened and a legal challenge

We should be pushing for EVERY sale to Saudi to be based on player worth.

Seems every other club is rubbing their hands at the prospect of selling over the hill players to Saudi, yet they also also want to restrict any benefit we can gain from such a move.

F*^k em… the only player of an age and fitness that has moved there (excluding ASM) we would possibly be interested in is Neves, and that has only resurfaces in light of Tonali’s ban.

Saudi will want to look after their league first and foremost, we are an investment and a source of pride but their national league represents the county… they’ll not want to be losing the better players to anyone, not even us.

There has got to be a case somewhere in that there has already been at least 1 change in rules that is obviously directed at us (sponsorship deals needing ratified and approved)… if they try and bring another there could be a case of discrimination given others have massively profited for sponsors and loans in the past, but all of a sudden it is an issue?!?

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    the rule change would not shock me though, the greedy 6 have been trying to stop us from day 1.

Man City and Watford have loaned players from other clubs their owners are involved with, if new rules are brought in to stop us, then i expect a massive can of worms to be opened and a legal challenge
    The precedent is set by precious loan deals.

Tonali isn't a suprise, FA have said that any ban they imposed would run concurrently alongside his Fifa one and they have set the precedent of banning for gambling with Toney.

I think we can all come to the conclusion he's been betting whilst playing for us, if he's an addict as claimed, moving clubs won't have stopped him.

Regarding rule change on Saudi loans - if they do that, it will be very difficult for them to not say it's aimed at us.

As said - we have them rattled.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)