+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Dave Watson

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Personally I think it’s for the best for such matters that require the sensitivity and dignity that all parties deserve for these things to be kept out of the public domain.

The primary reason being that nobody else will ever know or be party to all the facts from both sides (and rightly so) to enable a sound and reasonable judgement to be made.

I hope the matter is resolved privately and amicably.

Yes,i find it so disapointing that the name one of our great ex players is bought into question like this, his wife may, or may not, have issues but it could probably be guaranteed that if our owners knew about this it would have been sorted to her satisfaction.

The way I've seen it, he played 50 odd games for us, half at the very start of his career and then at the very end of his career. He had a very good career inbetween.

I'd argue, would you expect David McGoldrick in a couple of decades to have unrestricted boardroom access? Similar career profiles, both internationals and started and ended their careers here, I probably wouldn't.

You'd expect maybe that they'd be invited to the odd game but not unrestricted access, that is just madness, especially after basically a season of games at the club

Yep, sounds like she's trying to stir up trouble by the tone of her post.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    The way I've seen it, he played 50 odd games for us, half at the very start of his career and then at the very end of his career. He had a very good career inbetween.

I'd argue, would you expect David McGoldrick in a couple of decades to have unrestricted boardroom access? Similar career profiles, both internationals and started and ended their careers here, I probably wouldn't.

You'd expect maybe that they'd be invited to the odd game but not unrestricted access, that is just madness, especially after basically a season of games at the club
    If we let everyone into the board room, there would be no room for the directors...

It's an odd one because - career wise - Dave Watson is probably the best and most high profile player we've had since Tommy Lawton. Better than Masson even. Yet whilst at Notts he was only with us when we were seriously struggling in tier 4 (curiously his contemporary Dave Needham made his debut a year or so before Watson, despite Needham being three years his junior) and then Watson came back for a relegation season from tier 2, but he is home grown and local so I think an exception probably should be made for him, particularly when you factor in Jeff Astle and what happened to him and the struggle both his wife Dawn and now Dave's wife have had in getting the football world to recognise their issue.

I really hope the club get this sorted and respond in some polite and professional way very soon as it is almost certainly not as is being claimed by his wife and others on Twitter/X. It really isn't doing us any favours PR-wise while there's only one side of the story out there in the wild. There may well be some kernel of truth somewhere in the tale but I'm certainly taking their side of the story with a sizeable pinch of salt at this stage. Obviously I'm totally biased but this really does not sound even remotely like our club at all, especially the Reedtz-era version.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    It's an odd one because - career wise - Dave Watson is probably the best and most high profile player we've had since Tommy Lawton. Better than Masson even. Yet whilst at Notts he was only with us when we were seriously struggling in tier 4 (curiously his contemporary Dave Needham made his debut a year or so before Watson, despite Needham being three years his junior) and then Watson came back for a relegation season from tier 2, but he is home grown and local so I think an exception probably should be made for him, particularly when you factor in Jeff Astle and what happened to him and the struggle both his wife Dawn and now Dave's wife have had in getting the football world to recognise their issue.
    They, Dave & Penny Watson, were at Man C's match yesterday though not clear under what arrangements. Photo with John Stones. https://twitter.com/PennyandDaveWa1

Penny and Dave Watson
    @PennyandDaveWa1
    ·
    13h
    Dave’s self esteem was really lifted with so many fussing over him today; old players coming to see him & MCFC executive Danny Wilson walking half way round the ground to see him. Thanks to MCFC staff, former players & PFA Union Brain Health Dept.
    @adamjohnwhite
    @DawnAstle9
    Penny and Dave Watson
    @PennyandDaveWa1
    ·
    14h
    Wonderful time at Etihad today. Icing on cake John Stones popping to see Dave. 2 City and England no 5s who play/played with pride. Thoroughly nice individuals too.
    Penny and Dave Watson
    @PennyandDaveWa1
    ·
    Nov 3
    Letting all you MCFC fans going to match tomorrow know Dave (and me) will be there but East Stand box - orange car park. Dave will be arriving around 12.30 if you’re interested and want to say hello. X

With all respect to DW, are we sure his wife is not called Karen?

Yeah exactly this. I'd never heard of the man if I'm honest and I'm 32 and been supporting Notts since I was 6.

I don't know what the club owes the man or his family with the exception of the odd ticket.

Dave is one of our own, born and bred in Nottingham, grew up supporting and playing for Notts. Went on to bigger and greater things, we should be proud of him.

We should treat him with dignity and it appears we aren't.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast