+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Saudi League

The Saudi League

To be fair I was expecting them to push on from what China done and the PIF would focus more on their league than us.. But with crowds dropping to below 700 in the last few weeks you have to question what is going on..

A few of the players who went there are regretting it, a few want to leave..

I still think it will become a decent league with some top players but again this is down to money only.. the weather may be class but you can't enjoy it with a nice bottle of Brown Ale

It'll be interesting to watch the moves to and from over there in January to see where they are at and how serious they are with regards to player ages and fees

I’ve always said - it’s the clubs that make a league, not the players. The Saudi league’ll never be as good as even the Spanish, German or Italian leagues, never mind ours.

aye, the money is good but the players will miss the crowds and buzz of the game thats comes with match day.

Neves will probably come to us on loan in January and i can see this being the start of a wave of players returning on loan.

The players will get hit with a heafty tax bill if they return permanently within 2 years so loans will be the way forward.

If we loan from PIF owned clubs, there will be some serious toys thrown out of the pram from Klopp, Levy and the rest of them,

although it would be funny if we just took the plss and got Benzema, Mahrez, Milicovic Savic, Veiga etc with PIF paying their wages.

Not that i think this will ever happen, but id love to see the fallout of anger from the greedy 6

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    aye, the money is good but the players will miss the crowds and buzz of the game thats comes with match day.

Neves will probably come to us on loan in January and i can see this being the start of a wave of players returning on loan.

The players will get hit with a heafty tax bill if they return permanently within 2 years so loans will be the way forward.

If we loan from PIF owned clubs, there will be some serious toys thrown out of the pram from Klopp, Levy and the rest of them,

although it would be funny if we just took the plss and got Benzema, Mahrez, Milicovic Savic, Veiga etc with PIF paying their wages.

Not that i think this will ever happen, but id love to see the fallout of anger from the greedy 6
    Before January there will be a rule change to stop us doing that

Quote Originally Posted by Tutfoster1892 View Post
    Yeah the other clubs won't allow us to loan players from Saudi, despite being fine for Man City to loan Frank Lampard from New York City FC & Watford playing tennis with Italian partner club owned by the same family.

Only when it's us!

In a few seasons of us being in the Champions League no rule changes will ever stop us. They'll have to ban money to stop us taking a permanent seat at the top table alongside Man City.

Delightful to see the hatred.

On the Saudi league - Saudi, like Qatar the people have many other interests and Football just isn't a major one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    Yeah the other clubs won't allow us to loan players from Saudi, despite being fine for Man City to loan Frank Lampard from New York City FC & Watford playing tennis with Italian partner club owned by the same family.

Only when it's us!

In a few seasons of us being in the Champions League no rule changes will ever stop us. They'll have to ban money to stop us taking a permanent seat at the top table alongside Man City.

Delightful to see the hatred.

On the Saudi league - Saudi, like Qatar the people have many other interests and Football just isn't a major one.
    The more the fraud six dislike us, and that's through fear and nothing else, the more satisfied I am that the owners and crew at our club are taking us on a great journey.

And every stop along the way is a milestone to remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Tutfoster1892 View Post
    100%

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)