+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spurs Playing "The Barnsley Way"

Too soon to assess Neill and Jon. At the moment W8 D3 L4 suggests they are doing well but relatively kind away fixtures may have affected this.

What answers did you get Nudge ? Many fans may ask good questions but are frustrated by non/bland/evasive answers. There has been total silence from the Board about anything since that meeting.

I think you are picking up the BBS Club Loyalist Pack mentality claiming that identified posters are always negative before actually reading what they say.

You have no idea of posters individual and private life circumstances and they should not be used for amateur psychology.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Isn’t it me - and as far as I know only me on this message board - that at the moment is criticising the appointment of Collins ???
    As said - if he doesn’t change the style of play he needs to go.
    Promotion or no promotion.

Isn’t it me - and as far as I know only me on this message board - that bothers to go to supporters meetings and puts the directors on the spot by asking them awkward questions such as:

1) The club cannot progress unless we are able to secure the services of successful head coaches - we cannot build to the start of a season continually having to search for a new head coach.
    If Neill Collins is successful this season then what has the club done differently this time to secure his services for next season???
    2) We are told potential signings are placed into A, B and C categories.
    What percentage of category ‘A’ players does Khaled sign ???

The directors need to have their feet held to the fire at every opportunity.
    And I’ve continually said this - I’ve also said I’m not seeing any in-depth interviews when I see directors interviewed by the likes of Red all Over.

BUT - there’s a huge difference between criticising the club when they need to be criticised - and criticising the club ALL THE TIME at every opportunity.
    That for me paints a picture of someone who is having a bad life and reverts to kicking the dog.
    It’s sickening to see.
    Your comments about Collins sums up why people think you are going down the wrong track with your comments Nudge, you say that you are the only one criticising him , well doesn"t that tell you that the majority of people do have other thoughts on the man & maybe you being in a minority of one might just be wrong , personally the jury is out for me but I try not jump in & give both players & managers time & with Collins I have question marks but I will let things run on a bit & give him a fair crack of the whip , I think he has been a bum hand & deserves time , currently the league table suggests he is making a decent fist of but with the team being stripped of its main assets & replaced with inexperienced replacements then any progress is going to take time & finally I will repeat what I have said previously that if we are leading goalscorers in the league we are providing some entertaining & positive play , our problems are defending , hopefully he gets some experience at the back in january & a rethink tactically when we play at home but there has definitely never in the history of our club been " the Barnsley way " , each manager over the years have tried to implement their own stamp on things, some have been similar to each other but they have not tried to implement a specific " Barnsley Way " , what I think you mean is that in your own thoughts you have " the Nudger way "

Yes Nudger, I admit my domestic life isn't great at all, but such is life. Despite that, I always try to remain as level headed as possible as I'm primarily a man of balance. There's always two sides to a story. However, I don't criticise the club at every opportunity as you wrongly point out. Thy fault, in my opinion, is that tha puts all thi eggs in one basket. Again, alluding to your lack of balance or inability to suss folk out. The posts you make invariably contain a sentence in them that is written in block capitals to try to emphasise your point. There's no need to do that. Anybody with an ounce of intelligence who can read doesn't need a prompt. I find it quite patronising and may explain why you rub people up the wrong way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12