+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dunfermline (a)

Dunfermline (a)

Friday night, under the lights on the TV, first time since Arbroath in the opener... To kick off a run of four away games that will test our immense away form

Over 1700 tickets sold by Utd fans so far so should be a decent atmosphere

Hoping Doc is back but obviously not wanting us to risk further injury, not drop off though with tillson so would maybe go with Mochrie or Glass instead, hopefully Grimshaw is back after illness, otherwise not much else to change, need a fast start as they'll be up for it after the win last week and McPoke factor

Will be a great match.

Always a fierce atmosphere down there and bit of a rivalry.

Hard call if Doc is out. Do we use Glass in central mid or more cautious with Tilson.

Mochrie used to play there and I think we should have him playing at some point.

Maybe we rest Watt to make space for one of those options.

We will need to play a lot better than v ICT

Any news on Docherty?
    Such an important influence on this team.
    If it's too soon I would expect Tillson to continue. The rest of the side picks itself but if Kai isn't getting joy on the right get Cudjoe on a wee bit earlier so he has time to influence the game.

C'mon United 🧡

JG confirming Docherty will miss tomorrow but should be fine for Falkirk away, that's a blow, missed him in the three home games we've drawn including Dunfermline second game of season

Will he go with tillson, glass, mochrie or move grimshaw inside?

By all accounts the Blackpool loanee Moffat was influential in midfield for the Pars in their last outing so I'd be very surprised if he doesn't opt for Tillson. Docherty and Sibbald have been the engine room in the side and Tillson is the natural replacement for Docherty to play in that two.
    Mochrie is more offensive and Sibbald plays better with that second defensive midfielder beside him.
    May not be what several fans are asking for but I think it's what JG will do.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    JG confirming Docherty will miss tomorrow but should be fine for Falkirk away, that's a blow, missed him in the three home games we've drawn including Dunfermline second game of season

Will he go with tillson, glass, mochrie or move grimshaw inside?

A reminder of what Mochrie can do. Glass is good too but the main difference is Mochrie has pace.

Mochrie hasn't done enough when given the chance, Glass has. That's the difference that matters.

I hope Mochries time will come, but if he comes into the side it should be to replace Watt, not Docherty.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    By all accounts the Blackpool loanee Moffat was influential in midfield for the Pars in their last outing so I'd be very surprised if he doesn't opt for Tillson. Docherty and Sibbald have been the engine room in the side and Tillson is the natural replacement for Docherty to play in that two.
    Mochrie is more offensive and Sibbald plays better with that second defensive midfielder beside him.
    May not be what several fans are asking for but I think it's what JG will do.
    Yeah, can deffo see Tillson getting the nod.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    I hope Mochries time will come, but if he comes into the side it should be to replace Watt, not Docherty.
    I agree could have glass or mochrie replace watt

Mochrie highlights reel good - very dramatic music

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)