+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Dunfermline (a)

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    Think the 4-2-4 makes it difficult for Mochrie, he is probably best suited in that formation to the Watt role, but it would prob leave us a bit open if he was one of the two central mids because I'm not sure he has the defensive attributes, that would leave us a bit exposed, though maybe get away with it against certain weaker opponents. The three probably suits him more in midfield, but 4-2-4 suits the team more. He definitely has a talent however, good on the eye, but in past I've thought he needs to improve his shooting and get more goals and assists, and he needs minutes. Imagine he will be a cert to start in the diddy cup.
    we dot play 4-2-4

I randomly know a luton fan and they don’t rate Watlon highly there.

I think decent chance we could get him long term next season 👍🏻

Hi all, that's me back over for a week, managed to get to the game, stupidly parked at Lidl and took forever to get out, think I got to motorway around 22:45.
    As for the game, thought Grimshaw was poor and got caught out of position a few times meaning defence had to slide over to cover. Watt's passing was terrible. Our midfield were guilty of making the wrong pass at the wrong time and also allowed Pars to break through the middle without a meaningful challenge. Not sure what Tilson was meant to be doing
    God knows why Goodwin sent them out a few mins ahead of the Pars for 2nd half, maybe McPake kept them behind to tell them to target Grimshaw where most of their attacks came from.
    Pars had a decent spell in 2nd half but once Goodwin took off Watt, the young lads who came on gave us more drive and we went on front foot more. This meant us losing never felt like happening. Cudjoe didn't look fit but got the all important assist, although if he had gambled earlier when Middleton shot across the keeper we would have went on and won more easily.
    Ref could have done better, stopping the game when their fella conned everyone should have resulted in a yellow, especially as we had good possession with players in the box.
    Pars time wasting did suggest that they were happy with a point.
    Summing up, think we did enough but we do need better if and when we go up as we'll come straight back with that team.

Good support from fans, the usual McPake ditties with a few derry vankers thrown in, didnt really hear much from Pars fans, who accepted defeat without a whimper.

Glad I went.

£3.10 for a warm Stephens was disappointing though 😛

You make it sound like we were lucky to win but we weren't. The better team over the 90 minutes and a fantastic result.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    You make it sound like we were lucky to win but we weren't. The better team over the 90 minutes and a fantastic result.
    Correct. We did have a ten minute wobble but Goodwin saw it and changed things. Wobble over, winner scored, the mark of a good side.

Overall we're in a very good place despite not clicking into top gear in some recent games. Someone posted that a bit of complacency had been creeping in and I'd agree with that, seen the back 4 defending a bit high for my liking. A wee break from the league will do us good. Hopefully Louis finds the goal again soon.

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    Class 🧡

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    Correct. We did have a ten minute wobble but Goodwin saw it and changed things. Wobble over, winner scored, the mark of a good side.

Overall we're in a very good place despite not clicking into top gear in some recent games. Someone posted that a bit of complacency had been creeping in and I'd agree with that, seen the back 4 defending a bit high for my liking. A wee break from the league will do us good. Hopefully Louis finds the goal again soon.
    I agree with the complacency/playing high bit as well, and this is bourne out by the way Dunfermline took 2 passes and the guy ended up 1 on 1 against Gallacher.

It also seems to me we are trying to share the goals around the squad, and while the lay-off to Grimshaw ended up with a goal, Watt laying the ball back several times to midfielders eventually failed. That kinda thing is fine when 2-3 up and cruising, but i want the 4 attackers getting us into a winning position before sharing the spoils.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    I agree with the complacency/playing high bit as well, and this is bourne out by the way Dunfermline took 2 passes and the guy ended up 1 on 1 against Gallacher.

It also seems to me we are trying to share the goals around the squad, and while the lay-off to Grimshaw ended up with a goal, Watt laying the ball back several times to midfielders eventually failed. That kinda thing is fine when 2-3 up and cruising, but i want the 4 attackers getting us into a winning position before sharing the spoils.
    Yeah. Think someone put Watts assist/goal stats up and it's not good reading. Surely Mochrie OR Glass have made a case for that shirt but JG keeps starting Watt.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)