+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silly cups out the way …

Silly cups out the way …

Sure many will have different views to me but I really couldn’t care less about the League cup and EFL cup. Now that it’s league games and hopefully a FA cup run for the remainder of the season, we should be putting out or strongest team out where possible. Interested to hear what others see as our best 11 and where we can strengthen in January.

For me it’s the following;

GK - Stone.
    No need to look at this position until the summer.

RCB - Brindley
    CB - Baldwin
    LCB - Cameron
    Macari leaves in Jan so we have Rawlinson, Tipton and Chicksen as back up. Hope to see this Connor Keeley lad or another more physical presence come in.

RWB - Nemane
    Tobi adequate back up
    LWB - Jones
    May need a loan option if here if Randall can’t get himself fit.

CM - Bostock
    CM - Gosling
    Only other option is Jim and Gosling only contracted till Jan so expect 2 in Jan.

AM - Crowley
    AM - McGoldrick
    Austin adequate cover

ST - Langstaff
    Morias as cover

Depends on Scott’s injury. If he’s out for the season I’d like to see another attacking option.

I prefer Slocombe, but agree we are fine there, especially with Brooks developing well by all accounts.

Defence - I would hope we try to extend Macari's load and if this Keely can step up then I think we are OK there. I actually don't think our defensive issues are all down to the individuals, but partly to do with they entire system we play.

Wingbacks, get Randall fit!

Defensive Mids - we desperately need strengthening here - JOB is fine, but we need someone who more naturally fits our system too. Maybe Gosling will stay, maybe not. We need him or someone else for this position.

Attacking Mids - I think we are fine here

Strikers - We need to find a way of getting Morias on the pitch as the signs from a few games ago was that he will take a bit of time to get going and won't slot in seamlessly if Langstaff gets injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Magpie View Post
    I prefer Slocombe, but agree we are fine there, especially with Brooks developing well by all accounts.

Defence - I would hope we try to extend Macari's load and if this Keely can step up then I think we are OK there. I actually don't think our defensive issues are all down to the individuals, but partly to do with they entire system we play.

Wingbacks, get Randall fit!

Defensive Mids - we desperately need strengthening here - JOB is fine, but we need someone who more naturally fits our system too. Maybe Gosling will stay, maybe not. We need him or someone else for this position.

Attacking Mids - I think we are fine here

Strikers - We need to find a way of getting Morias on the pitch as the signs from a few games ago was that he will take a bit of time to get going and won't slot in seamlessly if Langstaff gets injured.
    Agree with this, we definately need cover for Langstaff, sorry but Morias isn't that man. I still find him an odd signing as he's nothing like Langstaff yet expected to slot in to the position.

Its "FOOTBALL MANAGER TIME"

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Its "FOOTBALL MANAGER TIME"
    It is indeed. I took Notts from National League to Champions league last time I played that game so I think you’ll find I’m more than qualified to give my opinion on the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by magpienate View Post
    it is indeed. I took notts from national league to champions league last time i played that game so i think you’ll find i’m more than qualified to give my opinion on the squad.
    ‘wow’

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    ‘wow’
    I know it’s hard to get across in written word Banjo but hopefully you understood that was purely tongue in cheek.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieNate View Post
    I know it’s hard to get across in written word Banjo but hopefully you understood that was purely tongue in cheek.
    For those who ask why grown adults would use emojis, this is why!

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    For those who ask why grown adults would use emojis, this is why!
    I considered a wink face but couldn’t bring myself to do it.

For those suggesting Randall needs to get fit. It’s one thing having football related niggles, it’s quite another being in a car accident.
    Glad he appears to be well and hopefully we can get him and a few of the others for and firing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast