+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Khaled El-Ahmad - Gone

Khaled El-Ahmad - Gone

CLUB STATEMENT | KHALED EL-AHMAD
    Just now

The Club can confirm that Khaled El-Ahmad, Chief Executive Officer of Barnsley FC, has agreed to take up a role at Minnesota United FC at the end of the season.
    The Club and Mr. El-Ahmad - whose contract is set to expire at the end of the 23/24 season - have been in constant communication throughout these conversations and are pleased that the whole process has taken place amicably.
    The Club wishes Mr El-Ahmad all the best for the future and thanks him for his service. The search for a new CEO has been in motion for the last few months alongside preparation for the January transfer window and the Club are in the process of identifying a suitable replacement to continue to drive forward on and off the pitch.

Mr El-Ahmad will remain in his role until the end of his contract, unless there is a mutual termination once a suitable replacement is found.

Leaving and he still hasn't told us the exciting news must be that he's leaving

He will be working his notice as per contract which with executives positions can be months, judging by the statement my guess would be that he is probably be on 6 months which is fine, the problem which could occur is if any potential replacement also has a long notice to work , slightly different with me , when I was working it was a week but I was never executive material !!! . The statement also suggests that if the club can get a replacement on board quicker then Khaled may be paid up & on his bike earlier , there will now be speculation on who his replacement might be , we will see .

An impressive fella - from an impressive family background.
    But IMO he hasn’t been vocal enough in selling the club to the fans and wider audience.

As a bridge between James’s Recruitment Company - and the players agent - the CEO obviously holds an important position with regards to transfers.
    We have no information regarding his success rate in the transfer market.
    Hence my question at the supporters meeting.
    I’m wondering if it hit a cord ?

My first choice replacement would be Mansford - but also Murphy was a good un.

The West Stand debacle, the sooner he’s gone the better in my opinion.
    He’s been gone for weeks on end anyway.

Best thing that's happened to this club for many a long while .

Awful man , poison , that's not my opinion btw that's from someone who knows the score down there .

Thanks for feck all liar. Get gone

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    But IMO he hasn’t been vocal enough in selling the club to the fans and wider audience.

As a bridge between James’s Recruitment Company - and the players agent - the CEO obviously holds an important position with regards to transfers.

Put tha tongue away!

I think most of us are aware of his failings, at least those that made it outside of oakwell. However I haven’t anything positive to say about him. He might be a very good operator on the quiet but I doubt it.

I hope we find a more engaging replacement and one who has real football connections unlike the Scandinavian contact promises made on Ahmad’s arrival. Those have been fruitless.

Please can we have his major announcement before he goes?

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post

You'd think with the dream team now in place on Grove Street Khaled would want to be part of this wonderful revolution .

Still the opportunity to work in the US and one of the coldest States in America at such a huge club was just to good to turn down .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast