+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Khaled El-Ahmad - Gone

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    So the CEO has been arranging his departure and effectively has left the club.

The successful ( for one season) Head Coach has left the club.

The club captain has left the club.

I'm sure that has happened before at a club but I'm struggling to recall which one it was.
    Its the model in full swing!

So the CEO has been arranging his departure and effectively has left the club.

The successful ( for one season) Head Coach has left the club.

The club captain has left the club.

I'm sure that has happened before at a club but I'm struggling to recall which one it was.
    CEO - did he jump or was he pushed ?
    A Conway signing - and picking up on the group dynamics where JAQ, Jean and Neerav seem to be a tight ship - I’ve a feeling the board will want their own person in the role of CEO.
    Although I liked Khaled and wish him well - I’m sure he will be successful wherever he goes - I also believe that he was a mismatch at Barnsley and him leaving could be a big positive for the club.

HC - the board wanted him to stay and did what they could to keep him.

Two Captains
    Mads - having done his time at the club the board agreed it was only fair for him to leave to enable him to get his due rewards in the Premier.
    Kitching - sad loss - the board said no one else was leaving - which was a mistake. What they should have said is ‘no one is leaving unless we get a big offer that we can’t refuse’.

I wouldn’t blame the board for any of the above.
    BUT - the board need something in place to secure, if necessary, the services of successful HCs.
    (As things stand I can’t see this applying to Collins)

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    CEO - did he jump or was he pushed ?
    A Conway signing - and picking up on the group dynamics where JAQ, Jean and Neerav seem to be a tight ship - I’ve a feeling the board will want their own person in the role of CEO.
    Although I liked Khaled and wish him well - I’m sure he will be successful wherever he goes - I also believe that he was a mismatch at Barnsley and him leaving could be a big positive for the club.

HC - the board wanted him to stay and did what they could to keep him.

Two Captains
    Mads - having done his time at the club the board agreed it was only fair for him to leave to enable him to get his due rewards in the Premier.
    Kitching - sad loss - the board said no one else was leaving - which was a mistake. What they should have said is ‘no one is leaving unless we get a big offer that we can’t refuse’.

I wouldn’t blame the board for any of the above.
    BUT - the board need something in place to secure, if necessary, the services of successful HCs.
    (As things stand I can’t see this applying to Collins)

Dunt tha think, as tha suggests, that if they (the board) wanted their own CEO, then why wouldn't they have addressed that issue 18 months ago when they supposedly swept a clean broom through the club?

Tha just clinging onto owt tha can here Nudger. Khaled has tendered his resignation and wants to move onto pastures new. Perhaps the clubs ambition doesn't meet his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    )
    Any competent Head Coach will insist on a relatively low release clause amount in his contract if he is to come to Barnsley to facilitate his departure when he desires.

It doesn't matter what warm words are said about building a project, no fly by night, here for the long haul etc. HC's come and go, as do owners and CEO's. The only long term constant are the fans.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 09-11-2023 at 04:27 PM.

Any competent Head Coach will insist on a relatively low release clause amount in his contract if he is to come to Barnsley to facilitate his departure when he desires.

It doesn't matter what warm words are said about building a project, no fly by night, here for the long haul etc. HC's come and go, as do owners and CEO's. The only long term constant are the fans.

JAQ and Khaled were sat among the supporters in the Ponty End last season when we laiked Cambridge. They were attired in Red & White scarves to embellish themselves. Some folk would think they're Barnsley fans
    Last edited by pass_and_move; 09-11-2023 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    JAQ and Khaled were sat among the supporters in the Ponty End last season when we laiked Cambridge. They were attired in Red & White scarves to embellish themselves. Some folk would think they're Barnsley fans
    What a PR stunt that was.

The days of the Parekh Scarf games, when all true Barnsley fans had to wear a scarf and wave it in the air, were legendary and will be recorded in the history of BFC, as will the photo of Parekh and Quay walking down Wembley Way dressed in their finery prior to the Play Off Final. Magical times.

The soon to come departures of Ahmad, Duff, Andersen, Kitching, B Thomas, Collins, Isted and the EFL Investigation plus lack of communication from the new Board were all in the future.

As ever Barnsley fans regroup and "Go Again", ready to take the Third Division by storm under Neill and Jon.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 10-11-2023 at 03:43 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123