+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alloa

The penny seems to be dropping for all of us with Marvin,- who talked as though he was the new Messiah.

Quite clearly he isn't, - but what is more infuriating is that he makes the same stupid mistakes (and they are stupid and unnecessary) every week, - but then pins the blame on his players! That is not good management in any shape or form.

I agree with both Fatfan and qosdreamer, - the players are not enjoying 'performing' and they are definitely not playing to their strengths. We have a decent squad, - but they 'appear' to be forced into playing a system that doesn't suit them and they 'appear' to be coerced to build from the back at every opportunity, - piling stress onto the entire team.

Marvin, the system wasn't working against East Fife back in mid July, ( a team from a lower league) - why are you persisting with it?

We are already in a relegation battle in mid November for heaven's sake and about to be ousted out of the Scottish Cup by the Championship's top team, - who are undefeated in the league, - sadly, drastic changes are most definitely required.

Get Marvin Bartley out of this football club immediately. This is nothing short of a disaster now….. we’re only heading in one direction with him as manager.

Marvin constantly talks about individual mistakes rather than how he has set the team up to play which is the bigger issue as players will always makes errors because that's human nature. Players attitude is his managerial fault as it's his job to motivate the players he puts out there and it does look to me that he has lost the dressing room which is the end of any manager. Time to move him on before further insurmountable damage is done giving time for a new manager to utilise the squad to it's full potential and sign players to fill the voids needing filled come the January window. Brave decision by the board to appoint a rookie manager but time to acknowledge that it has failed and change the current trajectory of the club before fatal damage is done. By the way Mr Chairman our beloved Queens stadium currently looks like **** which I find hard to accept when you run a building firm also the continued silence from the board is frankly a disgrace to the loyal and hard pressed supporters without which the club has no future.

Like most supporters I was quite excited with Marv’s appointment as manager last year but the gamble hasn’t paid off. His style of football is horrendous to watch and the results this season are totally unacceptable. He needs sacked as soon as possible before we end up in League Two.
    The BOD have actually backed him but have let themselves and the fans down with the state of Palmerston Park.

We deserve better

I do think we need an urgent reality check folks.

Demanding an overhaul of Palmerston Park on top of a change of manager is a huge ask for any club.

With an average home attendance of 1000 people, it doesn't take a genius to work out that the income doesn't cover expenses, - so unless there's a genie lurking in a bottle somewhere, - we do need to rein in our list of wants.

I do find Marvin's inability to motivate the team rather peculiar for the supporters to question the state of the park? What do we want, a great stadium, or a great football team?

For me, every time, - it's a decent team on the park, - and if the crowds increase, - then we can invest in titivating the stadium.

More importantly, - there's still time to save the season and place bums on seats; we are only 6 points off 3rd place, - and although progress looks ever more unlikely, - there is still the Scottish Cup.

Let's look at the possibilities first, before we add the bells and whistles.

Not asking an overhaul of Palmerston just some basic general maintenance

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    Not asking an overhaul of Palmerston just some basic general maintenance
    Absolutely.

OK, I think that is a sensible way forward.

I can see how initially the BOD were convinced that Bartley was the man for the job because he talks a rather good game, unfortunately it transpires he is utterly hopeless as a manager. 4 wins from 13 league matches and we are still only 6 points off 3 & 4th place, albeit Cove and Montrose have a game in hand. This just shows what a very poor league we are in but if the current malaise is allowed to continue who is to say we are not going to suffer the ignominy of getting relegated. As has been said before our squad, with a few exceptions, should be more than capable of securing a play-off spot but as things stand this is not going to happen. Big decision time for the BOD, stick or twist!

Twist

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)