+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magpies

Magpies

Well Notts have hit a bit of a dodgy patch - lost 2-0 at Lincoln mid-week

Happy with a draw from this one (ecstatic with a win)

Hope the treatment room is a bit less busy that it was this time last week

CBR to score - especially if he gets suitably 'wound up'

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post

Happy with a draw from this one (ecstatic with a win)

Hope the treatment room is a bit less busy that it was this time last week

CBR to score - especially if he gets suitably 'wound up'
    Looking at how CBR was moving towards the end of the Derby game it might be touch and go with him too, could do with a few back for Saturday even if just for the bench going for a hopeful 2-1 win

Well there's a possibility that Long and Tracey may be back. If that's the case I'd feel a little more confident. However, it's the lack of a creative midfield that worries me more than the forward line. I have a feeling we'll lose this 1-2.

That wasn't a dodgy patch, we always play the weakest team we can in the Pisspot Trophy and most Notts fans are delighted we're out.

Saturday is more serious, and very difficult to predict. We always look likely to concede, but we always look likely to score. I predict that we will dominate possession but most of it will be in our half with our goalkeeper heavily involved. We can break quickly but are vulnerable to the quick counter, and we conceded 5 at Sutton and Colchester so are capable of the occasional shocker. Should be goals in the game, whoever makes the most of their chances will probably take the points.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    That wasn't a dodgy patch, we always play the weakest team we can in the Pisspot Trophy and most Notts fans are delighted we're out.

Saturday is more serious, and very difficult to predict. We always look likely to concede, but we always look likely to score. I predict that we will dominate possession but most of it will be in our half with our goalkeeper heavily involved. We can break quickly but are vulnerable to the quick counter, and we conceded 5 at Sutton and Colchester so are capable of the occasional shocker. Should be goals in the game, whoever makes the most of their chances will probably take the points.
    Message received and understood regarding the Lincoln game !!

How is McGoldrick doing - thought it was a really nice gesture for him to sign for you (?)

In many ways you sound similar to us. Except as a rule we don't score breakaway goals as our approach play is quite deliberate. I can't say we always look like scoring either - our goals are often quite crafted and I believe our goals to shots ratio is quite high.
    However, we don't quite have the midfield players fit to play our usual game through the thirds so who knows. Fortunately, we do have our 1st choice back three to build from.

Very insightful last sentence.

Message received and understood regarding the Lincoln game !!

How is McGoldrick doing - thought it was a really nice gesture for him to sign for you (?)
    McGoldrick has been excellent, he's played more in the number ten role than main striker. I was a bit surprised he dropped down a level but he said he'd always wanted to return to where he started. I think the idea is that he gets involved on the coaching side with an eye to the future when his playing days are over.

McGoldrick has been excellent, he's played more in the number ten role than main striker. I was a bit surprised he dropped down a level but he said he'd always wanted to return to where he started. I think the idea is that he gets involved on the coaching side with an eye to the future when his playing days are over.
    Not surprised. He played in the number 10 role for Derby last year.

Be interesting to see how we lineup to try and keep him 'quiet' ...

Him and Langstaff!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast