+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Derby County v Barnsley

Great if we win.
    But also very important is how we play.
    I can accept losing - but it’s difficult to accept a slow lacklustre performance.

I don’t know much about the Derby team - only that it’s based on a similar model to Sheff Wednesday.
    Big crowds demanding big names - even tho those names have been around the block several times - who have already got their money in the bank - and are a yard slower than the kids from Barnsley.
    In other words - if we try to match them on skill - we will lose.
    If we play our own blitzkrieg style - we will win.

Overdue a win at Derby.

Good Luck lads - 3 points please.

Name:  IMG_8445.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  18.6 KB

REDS: Killip (GK), O'Keeffe, Williams (c), de Gevigney, McCart, Cadden, Russell, Styles, Phillips, Watters, Cole.

Subs: Flavell (GK), Dodgson, Shepherd, Cotter, J.Benson, McAtee, Jaló.

RAMS: Wildsmith (GK), Forsyth, Hourihane (c), Cashin, Barkhuizen, Bird, Collins, Mendez-Laing, Smith, Nyambe, Nelson.

Subs: Vickers (GK), Weston, Robinson, Fornah, Sibley, Bradley, Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Great if we win.
    But also very important is how we play.
    I can accept losing - but it’s difficult to accept a slow lacklustre performance.

I don’t know much about the Derby team - only that it’s based on a similar model to Sheff Wednesday.
    Big crowds demanding big names - even tho those names have been around the block several times - who have already got their money in the bank - and are a yard slower than the kids from Barnsley.
    In other words - if we try to match them on skill - we will lose.
    If we play our own blitzkrieg style - we will win.
    1st Half
    Style of play much better - faster going forward.
    BUT - you need 11 men on the field - and Barnsley just hasn’t got that.
    Styles - just bring him off.
    Watters - not won a thing - distribution is nil.
    Williams - having a nightmare.
    Phillips - in the starting lineup - but is he playing ?

Derby are there for the taking - they are a poor awful team - but we are absolutely pathetic.
    FGS - please don’t anyone say we are missing Kane - because that would just add to the poor description of the game that it was also slow and boring.

Bring Phillips and Watters off.
    Put Styles at the side of Russell in mid midfield.
    Bring McAtee and Fabio on.

At least it sends a message to anybody who thinks we’ve got a promotion winning side.
    Barring a 2/3 we’re full of very average div1 players who I don’t see us getting much improvement from.
    3rd goal just gone in, Collins stood waiting for the ball to drop and not a player within 6ft off him, very very poor defending.

Well it's currently 3-0 to Derby and this is absolutely awful to watch .

Even at 0-0 we struggled to even complete two consecutive passes .

Once again a top 8 team puts three goals past us and it may get worse yet .

To tell the truth I'm not even angry , why should I be when the club is run by a bunch of morons .

Easiest thing in the world to pin this on the HC who I admit I don't particularly rate and have criticised very robustly .

This goes way deeper than that though .

This is a mid table team at best .

The vast majority of the recruitment for this season is quite frankly embarrassing for a club of this size in league one and that includes the HC .

Managed decline continues .

Take goalkeeper Roberts and the surprising amount of goals Cole's scored out of this season so far .

Now tell me where we'd be ?

Losing 3.0 shows me that Derby aren’t all that good.
    A better team today with Derby’s chances would be nearing double figures.
    God we're awful today

A typical away day at Derby being possibly the worst I’ve ever seen and we’ve delivered some crap performances there over the years.

Once we conceded the soft pen well engineered by the experienced Collins we looked a like a team that aren’t being coached and lead. Seen enough now to suggest we are going nowhere this season.

Now conceding bucket loads and the lineups, tactics and substitutions are being easily read by the opposition. We did our best to surrender our goal difference to the Rams today.

Can’t think of anything positive to say. Anyone who thinks we have a better midfield without Herbie Kane needs to analyse the exhibition that’s been rolled out today.

We can always go a good Cup run !!!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast