+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Derby County v Barnsley

IT'S TIME FOR A COMPLETE CHANGE IN DEFENCE NOBODY SEEMS TO KNOW WHAT EXACTLY THEIR JOB IS TOTALLY DISORGANISED
    HC s FAULT ??
    I'M DREADING FA CUP REPLAY

FA cup shock imminent.

What a disgrace to the shirt today!

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    A typical away day at Derby being possibly the worst I’ve ever seen and we’ve delivered some crap performances there over the years.

Once we conceded the soft pen well engineered by the experienced Collins we looked a like a team that aren’t being coached and lead. Seen enough now to suggest we are going nowhere this season.

Now conceding bucket loads and the lineups, tactics and substitutions are being easily read by the opposition. We did our best to surrender our goal difference to the Rams today.

Can’t think of anything positive to say. Anyone who thinks we have a better midfield without Herbie Kane needs to analyse the exhibition that’s been rolled out today.

We can always go a good Cup run !!!
    The fact we couldn't complete two consecutive passes or even have a modicum of possession today suggests Herbie was a bit of a miss today .

Well clear enough to anybody with even a half a clue at the least .

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    1st Half
    Style of play much better - faster going forward.
    BUT - you need 11 men on the field - and Barnsley just hasn’t got that.
    Styles - just bring him off.
    Watters - not won a thing - distribution is nil.
    Williams - having a nightmare.
    Phillips - in the starting lineup - but is he playing ?

Derby are there for the taking - they are a poor awful team - but we are absolutely pathetic.
    FGS - please don’t anyone say we are missing Kane - because that would just add to the poor description of the game that it was also slow and boring.

2nd Half
    Lost to an incredibly poor Derby team.
    I feel sorry for the 2500 Barnsley supporters that attended.
    ALL THREE goals (and it could have been a few more) scored by being OUT MUSCLED by older players.
    Plus on occasions OUT THOUGHT by older players.

Derby continually winning headers to flick the ball on to create chances.
    The player we missed today wasn’t the likes of Kane - it was the height and strength of someone like 6’ 19” defender Cundy.
    The sooner he’s back as an option the better.

Two teams - and neither on that showing will go up.
    Barnsley defence absolutely all over the place.
    Which reveals the failings of Collins.
    The sooner he leaves - the better.

Shepherd again showed why he should start.
    We went 343 towards the end - but far too late to influence the game.

IMO - the tactics today were better - but the team formation was wrong - and the team selection was wrong.
    Derby there for the taking.
    But Collins f**** it up.

2nd Half
    Lost to an incredibly poor Derby team.
    I feel sorry for the 2500 Barnsley supporters that attended.
    ALL THREE goals (and it could have been a few more) scored by being OUT MUSCLED by older players.
    Plus on occasions OUT THOUGHT by older players.

Derby continually winning headers to flick the ball on to create chances.
    The player we missed today wasn’t the likes of Kane - it was the height and strength of someone like 6’ 19” defender Cundy.
    The sooner he’s back as an option the better.

Two teams - and neither on that showing will go up.
    Barnsley defence absolutely all over the place.
    Which reveals the failings of Collins.
    The sooner he leaves - the better.

Shepherd again showed why he should start.
    We went 343 towards the end - but far too late to influence the game.

IMO - the tactics today were better - but the team formation was wrong - and the team selection was wrong.
    Derby there for the taking.
    But Collins f**** it up.
    Just a bad day then for the best players in the league then ?

Our record against the top 8

P6
    W0
    L5
    D1

No Roberts, Kane or Connell.
    Why he prefers Macart to Shepherd baffles me?
    Very poor showing today! 1 shot on target all game! What does Watters offer us up front? At least Mcatee runs about causing problems, Watters gives up when he sees a defender!
    He needs to.drop this 3 at the back for me and go 442 we have been snuffed out with our 1 dimensional tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Just a bad day then for the best players in the league then ?

Our record against the top 8

P6
    W0
    L5
    D1
    Yes that’s right - just a bad day to add to all the other bad days this season.
    Personally I’m waiting for this season to start.
    We ain’t going anywhere with Collins in charge - no matter how good the Barnsley players are compared to other 1st Division players.
    Eg - Callum Styles performed today like a below average 1st Division player.
    Is that what he is ?

We ain’t going anywhere with Collins in charge - no matter how good the Barnsley players are compared to other 1st Division players.
    Is that what he is ?
    He's had a couple of decent games this season at best in my opinion .

He's probably one of the most overrated players we've had in years , played his best football at left wing back and dined out on it ever since .

Is that what he is ?
    I know you want them to play " The Nudger Way " but when are you going to admit that we have lost three quality defenders & replaced them with raw potential ? , today at the back we were a complete shambles & if we had let 6 in it would have not been out of place , the midfield today showed exactly why we need Herbie Kane in the team, nobody put their foot on the ball & looked to play , he was sadly missed , we were not helped by poor officials but as I say they could have had six , we were shocking & whilst I am not convinced on Collins the poor bloke is being asked to do the job without the tools .

I’m trying to think of a worse performance than that.
    No drive, no passion, no system, no energy, you can go on.
    I’ll not include Jalo in that at least the lad did try to get his shots off.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast